PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Woes...

scotty_not
11-05-2006, 04:35 PM
I have an 88 Accord DX with 143,000 miles that sat for about 3 years before I bought it. It has developed some electrical problems that I have not been able to deal with. I have lost the ciggerate lighter, dome lamp, and the warning chimes. I think they are all related but I am not sure how. Do they share a common fuse or relay? I tried searching the fourms but nothing seemed to awnser my problem or link the systems together. Also I have felt behing the ciggerate lighter for bad wiring, but everything felt ok, and tried replacing the bulb on the dome lamp but was unable to find a replacment part. It is not a huge deal because I can still drive it, but if any of you know what the problem may be any advice is greatly appreaciated.

Sorry if that is a little too wordy...
Scott

shepherd79
11-06-2006, 07:58 AM
did you check the fuses?
they are all related as far as electrical goes. check tyhe fuses under the dash and under the hood.

ghettogeddy
11-06-2006, 08:20 AM
under the hood i think is were mine blew i was out a dome light for a while thinking it was just burnt out and i was to lazy to go get a new one

Accordaone
11-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Fuse #13, 15 amps, protects cigarette lighter, courtesy lights, trunk/tailgate light, dome light, ignition key light. It is the white/blue wire from the fuse box under the hood.

scotty_not
11-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Nice. That was it. Thank you so much for your help.