PDA

View Full Version : the stuff under our spare tires

newaccorddriver
11-06-2006, 09:57 PM
i just got ahold of elijahs old car, and heres the problem. it rained and snowed mildly over the last couple weeks, and there are no lights or anything on the car, so water collected in the trunk. it ended up freezing. now that its thawing ive constantly got a towel under it to soak up everything. the problem im having is that the plastic like thing under the spare tire portion is starting to cihp away. should i be worried about rust or anything on there?

MessyHonda
11-06-2006, 10:00 PM
the trunk should have a drain plug...mine has one. but yeah make sure the water does not sit long....if you have to take a blowdriver to it so it wont stay there for long

newaccorddriver
11-06-2006, 10:06 PM
the trunk should have a drain plug...mine has one. but yeah make sure the water does not sit long....if you have to take a blowdriver to it so it wont stay there for long

im just letting it naturally soak up. its already been through like 3 packages of shop towels. perhaps i can use some primer to stop it from rusting?

Civic Accord Honda
11-06-2006, 10:07 PM
primer it and then coat it with truck bed liner

ghettogeddy
11-06-2006, 10:09 PM
primer it and then coat it with truck bed liner
wow that actually sounds like a good idea

RamThis
11-06-2006, 10:21 PM
pretty shocking coming from CAH huh LOL. :Owned:

Civic Accord Honda
11-06-2006, 10:23 PM
it also a good ideal to spray that be hind you back bumper and where you jack you car up from and other place that seam to rust alot :) i am smart wow i did not know that

RamThis
11-06-2006, 10:26 PM
LOL you have your moments!! :slap:

Dont hurt yourself trying to twist around to pat yourself on the back..... :rofl:

ghettogeddy
11-06-2006, 10:29 PM
LOL you have your moments!! :slap:
Dont hurt yourself trying to twist around to pat yourself on the back..... :rofl:
hahahahahahahahahahahaha good one

1ajs
11-06-2006, 11:28 PM
make the primer has zink oxide in it!!!! or your wasting your time and money

RamThis
11-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Use POR-15 on Rust.....

Hash_man_Se_i
11-07-2006, 12:20 AM
The stuff that is chipping off is probably just sound deadning material... and it should be primered from the factory underneath. So I wouldn't be too worried.

mkymonkey
11-07-2006, 04:07 AM
yeah its just soundeadning material. just like the stuff that dynomat is made out of. after 17 years you cant expect anything else but for it to chip. you can actually just take it off. i'm doing mine and i already have a can or herculiner waiting for my trunk :rockon: im doing it because i removed all the trim and carpet and plastic. but yeah ive chipped mine off some. and its not like it makes a difference. if youre really worried about it, you can just chip it all off and purchase sheets of that shit from the autoparts store. im sure they sell it :D