PDA

View Full Version : Front camber kit?

Jasonf860
11-07-2006, 04:50 AM
Ok, I found these at NOPI... http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/dsp_part_detail.cfm?vmakeid=140&vmodelid=010&vcatyear=1989&vnopinum=076%2B0016&vTitle=1989%20HONDA%20Accord They are not the "cam" type. Looks like there are just a few different holes for the control arm to bolt through. Has anyone used these? It looks like they would be very easy to make yourself. i'm just looking to see if anyone has tried these and what their results were. I may make a set myself and if they are easy enough to make, I might even start making these for anyone that wants them.

Legend_master
11-07-2006, 07:37 AM
I just purchased some ingall camber kits from tirerack.com. Check them out they are a very sturdy design and not much more expensive then those.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/Camberkitinternet.jpg

Jasonf860
11-07-2006, 07:49 AM
Yeah, I was looking into those too. Also Lude UCA's. My upper ball joints are shot so I have to replace them. I might as well go with Lude arms since it'd be more cost effective. i want to keep some negative camber anyway, so even if the lude arms don't set it back to 0 I'll be happy. The only reason I was looking at these is cause they seem like they'd be easy to make yourself.

shepherd79
11-07-2006, 07:58 AM
i had ingall kit on my old car, i didn't like it. it didn't give me enough correction i wanted even on the highest setting. I ended up with prelude arms. they are a lot better for fine adjusting.

MessyHonda
11-07-2006, 08:10 AM
i had ingall kit on my old car, i didn't like it. it didn't give me enough correction i wanted even on the highest setting. I ended up with prelude arms. they are a lot better for fine adjusting.

thats a good tip....next 50% off at the junkyard im geting some 2nd gen lude arms.

Jasonf860
11-07-2006, 08:11 AM
I know the 2nd gen arms are longer and offer more correction, but I can get a set of 3rd gen arms for free, will those offer at least some?

MessyHonda
11-07-2006, 08:22 AM
I know the 2nd gen arms are longer and offer more correction, but I can get a set of 3rd gen arms for free, will those offer at least some?

Jason.....lil searching didnt hurt me...but here you go buddy.http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54491&highlight=2nd+gen+3rd+upper+control+arms

Jasonf860
11-07-2006, 08:25 AM
I've read that thread and in fact, I was just reading it. Simply, what I'm asking is if the 3rd gen arms are longer fully extended than the Accord arms and will offer "some" correction and if getting a 3rd gen set free is worth my time.

smufguy
11-07-2006, 09:49 AM
If your car is lowered more than an inch and a half, then you are better off with the 2nd gen lude upper control arms. The Ingalls kit for the 2nd gen lude is a nice one where the kit goes on the part where the ball joint bolts up to the arm rather than the conventional anchor bolts. This way, you get close to +/-3 deg adjustment, and the only hurdle is to make sure that the ball joint does not hit the strut tower.

MessyHonda
11-07-2006, 10:56 AM
kinda off topic but i found jasons race video...lol http://videos.streetfire.net/search/89+accord/0/61ce6ba1-8e59-426f-a6a3-3d9419683fed.htm

DBMaster
11-07-2006, 11:02 AM
I had an Ingall's camber kit on my car for a year or so. I did not like it at all. Look at the photo above. The white plastic washers basically broke apart. I replaced them with some sturdier plastic washers, but the hardware is not as robust as the OEM brackets. I got all kinds of noises, especially when shifting into gear from park. I put the original hardware back on and things were fine again.

I only used one kit because I was correcting a factory camber error. Now, with the upper control arms replaced there is a bit less camber error, but I now have a small error of about -1.4 degrees on both sides. Bye-bye inside edge of tires!

Jasonf860
11-07-2006, 11:09 AM
kinda off topic but i found jasons race video...lol http://videos.streetfire.net/search/89+accord/0/61ce6ba1-8e59-426f-a6a3-3d9419683fed.htm
HA HA! Looks close to my car!

Jasonf860
11-07-2006, 11:12 AM
I had an Ingall's camber kit on my car for a year or so. I did not like it at all. Look at the photo above. The white plastic washers basically broke apart. I replaced them with some sturdier plastic washers, but the hardware is not as robust as the OEM brackets. I got all kinds of noises, especially when shifting into gear from park. I put the original hardware back on and things were fine again.

I only used one kit because I was correcting a factory camber error. Now, with the upper control arms replaced there is a bit less camber error, but I now have a small error of about -1.4 degrees on both sides. Bye-bye inside edge of tires!
Is yours dropped at all? I'm looking to keep around -1 anyway... Maybe I'll get it checked before I bother putting on anything. That way I can decide if I want lude arms or factory replacements. Oh, and i think my drivers rear upper ball joint is going now. Sounds like a superball inside a coffee can in my trunk...