PDA

View Full Version : different year door?

cruznthastrip
11-07-2006, 11:56 AM
After I bought my car I realized the drivers door was a different color on the inside. It matches on the outside, except for the body lines, I think. The upper door hinge is wore out, it sags a little causing the back upper part to overlap the backdoor by 1/16" or so. It works fine though. When I'm driving I can see the body lines through the side mirror, and the body lines don't look the same. Is there a way to identify the year of the door? I was thinking it may be off the model accord that doesn't have the flip-up headlights(89-92?).

I also need to get a new door handle and ebay says that there is a difference between the 85-88 model and the 89-92. Whats the difference?
Thanks.

A18A
11-07-2006, 12:14 PM
other doors from newer accords dont fit, the sedan doors are all the same though, just some have elec windows or central locking or diff color panels and i dont think there is any different in door handles either, but they should all be the same

and these parts were made in 86 - 89. the 90 - 93 accord is completly different

russiankid
11-07-2006, 05:14 PM
89 still had the flip-up headlights.

cruznthastrip
11-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll work on those door hinge bushings and see if I can get it shimmed out and see where at I'm at then.

Sorry about the mistaking the years on the model change. I was a little tired and couldn't remember so I checked at http://world.honda.com/ACCORD/history04.html for the history of accord and took that year. But I forgot that model year is always a year ahead of the actual year you're in.