PDA

View Full Version : repositioning of stock intake air pipe.

Defiant[YD]
09-01-2002, 04:41 PM
ok, my car is temporary out of commision while i'm doing repairs to the whole cooling system, so i took the opportunity to fool around with my stock air intake pipe. since we all know that more cold air equals more power, i decided to bend the pipe the opposite direction so that the tube-opening is now behind the cooling fan and the radiator.

would i get more cold air this way as opposed to through the fender?

pimp86LX
09-01-2002, 04:57 PM
noooo..your putting it too close to the engine. and the air coming through the rad would be warmer than the stock route...but hey give it a try and see if theres a difference

Mantis88LX
09-01-2002, 04:59 PM
well it would help but colder air is outside of the engine bay,

ok there is a tube running from your airbox to the fender, then inside of the fender there is another tube but a little smaller that bends sharply to the front of the car. the one in the fender is the inner silencer.

i removed the inner silencer inside the fender, then i left the tube running from the airbox to the fender, it gets cold air and isnt as restrictive.

the only way to get to the inner silencer to remove it is to remove then fender,
then u will see it and u can remove it,

Defiant[YD]
09-01-2002, 07:04 PM
has anyone tried what i've done to the stock air intake pipe?
comments, suggestions, tips?

87accordlx
09-01-2002, 09:03 PM
when i first bought the car the end of the tube was behind the rad, i thought this was where it was supposed to go for like 5 months, then i put it in it's stock spot, didn't notice any chance, than i flipped the lid

Defiant[YD]
09-02-2002, 10:25 AM
oicic.... damn, cuz i talked to a few mechanics around here and they told me not to flip the lid and that the K&N filter would be enuff.

anchovies
09-02-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Mantis88LX

the only way to get to the inner silencer to remove it is to remove then fender,
then u will see it and u can remove it,

Just remove the fender liner.