PDA

View Full Version : what size bolts to mount a20a to engine stand

SQ is the SQUAD
11-08-2006, 09:12 AM
bout to pull off my auto tranny so i can start making my b series to a series tranny adapter and mocking up my ramhorn turbo manifold. just wondering what size bolts are yall using to mount the block to the stands. i know the stock ones are too short

88Accord-DX
11-08-2006, 04:19 PM
I think it is like 1.5 x 10 pitch. (not sure, been too long ago)

You can take the bolt to Lowes, they have this thing to find out what pitch the bolt is. Depending on how thick your engine stand holder is, I got about a 5" long bolt when I rebuilt my motor.

smufguy
11-09-2006, 10:52 AM
you are talking about the Stock Tranny bolts being too short? Normally they are what 14mm head size bolts and a 12mm stud diam? should be one available from a local autoparts warehouse.

PS: the machine bolts available at Homedepot/lowes use a different thread pitch and are not the same as the automotive ones, so i dont know if they might be helpful, but a local autoparts warehouse/distribution center will have all the odds and ends ur looking for.

Jasonf860
11-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Lowe's or HD should have more than one thread pitch for metric bolts. Problem is, some metric sizes have 3 different thread pitches and most places only stock 2. I'm lucky, I just waltz into my old work and get whatever I need free. I used to work at a fastener distributor called Ro-Brand. http://www.robrandproducts.com/ We stocked everything you can think of fastener related. Best part was all the Auveco and Carpak stuff. All the weird clips and stuff cars use are made by them.