PDA

View Full Version : place racing

ZackieDarko
11-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Does anybody know if the mounts were patented? If they were wouldn't the original blue prints be on file at the U.S. patent office? I'm not 100% sure but can't we look at those? If we could look at them can't we get a copy of them? Or is that now how it works?

ghettogeddy
11-09-2006, 04:10 PM
well if one of the mebers have them they can tell us if it has a pat number cheeseburber has a brand new set it would have ot on them if it has one

http://www.uspto.gov/#

1ajs
11-09-2006, 04:36 PM
if i had a copy of inventor i would draw up a set of drawings for us. infact i probly would make a full modle of a 3gee.

Hash_man_Se_i
11-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Pretty sure they weren't patented. I see no patent numbers on mine.

MessyHonda
11-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Pretty sure they weren't patented. I see no patent numbers on mine.

cool make me some copies

ZackieDarko
11-09-2006, 10:47 PM
:( bummer

Vanilla Sky
11-10-2006, 06:58 AM
if i had a set in my hands, i'd make blueprints for you guys all day long. it's honestly not a hard thing to do with a caliper...

88LXi68
11-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Blah Blah Blah

Everyone wants copies of this, copies of that but when it comes time to actually pony up the money no one does it. That is why there is no aftermarket or interest from the aftermarket to make anything for these cars anymore.

For those of you that still dont get it....BUILD YOUR OWN MOUNTS if you want a B-series or find someone selling their PRI mounts. No company is going to make them for you and to do all the machining for mounts costs $$$. In order to even break even they would need to sell more sets than people here would ever buy.

Im sorry, I am just sick of everyone saying I want a B-Series. If you want it so bad go out and make things happen on your own.

MessyHonda
11-10-2006, 08:22 AM
Blah Blah Blah
Everyone wants copies of this, copies of that but when it comes time to actually pony up the money no one does it. That is why there is no aftermarket or interest from the aftermarket to make anything for these cars anymore.
For those of you that still dont get it....BUILD YOUR OWN MOUNTS if you want a B-series or find someone selling their PRI mounts. No company is going to make them for you and to do all the machining for mounts costs $$$. In order to even break even they would need to sell more sets than people here would ever buy.
Im sorry, I am just sick of everyone saying I want a B-Series. If you want it so bad go out and make things happen on your own.

why re-invent the wheel? when they already have some....some one just give us blueprints so we can make our own....i knoe some ppl that have them just siting around anyways just my .02 cents

Vanilla Sky
11-10-2006, 09:25 AM
i'm not that interested in a b myself. i'm plenty happy with my a. when i get a new engine, it'll have a new car with it. the only b that has the displacement needed to get the accord moving like our current a is a b20, whichever flavor you choose.

personally, i'd turbo my a before i went b. the a, while needing custom parts for high boost, has a block that can handle the high boost that would kill any given b. look at jhonny-o's old a20. what was he running, 37 PSI on a stock block? i'm sure we could heat and cryo our blocks and hold more than that.

sure, you may say that with the same amount of money, you'd get about the same amount of power either way, and you'd have more room to play on the b, but i don't really think so. i think that given the use of a small turbo, one could easily match a b's ouput, and for less than the price of the swap. beyond that, turbo upgrades are somewhat easy, and there are tons of other tuning options that aren't explored at all with a budget turbo install.

88LXi68
11-10-2006, 10:50 AM
why re-invent the wheel? when they already have some....some one just give us blueprints so we can make our own....i knoe some ppl that have them just siting around anyways just my .02 cents

you are absolutely right...why re-invent the wheel? It makes no sense, but that was not my point. My point is that even if someone replicates the mounts there still wont be anybody to buy them except for a handful of people. Thus, that is not a cost effective move for a fabrication company.

For example, the caliper mount brackets RobT had made. Everyone marvelled at Oldschoolswap and his big brakes everyone wanted them. So Rob went ahead with all the work to get bolts and people to fabricate the brackets. What happened??? Only 3 people bought those mounts!!! He took a huge loss on the project because people said they "wanted this" But when push came to shove...no one was willing to pay.

All I am trying to say is that everyone wants things handed to them and given to them for nothing. If you really want something that bad you need to make moves yourself.

sorry - that wasnt specifically directed at you Messy Honda.

Hash_man_Se_i
11-10-2006, 12:24 PM
^^ I couldn't agree more 88LXi68.

It seems like every couple weeks someone else makes a thread about getting these mounts copied. But I doubt any of these people are willing to dish out the kind of money we all had to pay for our mounts.

SQ is the SQUAD
11-10-2006, 11:15 PM
hey gouy, do yall think i can swap a h22 onto my 3g? lol

MessyHonda
11-11-2006, 12:10 AM
hey gouy, do yall think i can swap a h22 onto my 3g? lol

you know that thing on the top right corner...that says Search?...use it...rofl

BITESIZE
11-11-2006, 12:19 AM
you know that thing on the top right corner...that say Search?...use it...rofl

Fucking messy man! Well put! :welcome: