PDA

View Full Version : in-dash DVD

89cordlx
09-01-2002, 07:31 PM
would one of those pioneer or visonik (the one I really want) in-dash dvd players fir in our cars? My car is an auto, and from where the din is located I don't know if the flip-out screen would look allright or not. Thoughts and opinions please.

89AccordNate
09-02-2002, 07:36 PM
I wouldnt go for it. Our cars have a lip where the heater controls and the cd player are. The cd player actually sits back a little bit therefore if the cd player doesnt come out enough then its going to have a forward slant. It may also hit your auto controls...

If you want an LCD display go for something like this one I have in my car. Installation is far from fun. Notice the custom flame headliner :D

http://89accord.0catch.com/new1.jpg

Nate.

Mike89Accordcom
09-02-2002, 09:40 PM
I was also gonna say our shifters are kind of in the way too.

catalin
09-03-2002, 07:09 AM
I helped out a sales associate at our shop before install a Sony flip-out screen and it wasn't fun at all. The screen would come out all the way and then hit the heater controls and retract back into the unit. We had to use some spacers from an install kit to move the unit out further in the dash. Eventually we had it working pretty good but it took quite a while to do it.