PDA

View Full Version : Me so happy!!!

startersgirl
09-01-2002, 08:08 PM
Ok, so this is not a new thing at all.. but I forgot to share it (also didn't help my name was all crackpottish).

When I bought my $200 3g, the black "bumper lining" thingies were all faded. Well, this made my beautiful being look junky. So we went to the auto store (that place with all the testosterone) and got black spray!!!!!

Whoo hoo! My car looks like, a million times better!!!!!!

Now about that rust....and the color....

How hard is it exactly to change the interior of a car, and where would I get the crap to do it???:confused:

3rdGenMartyr
09-01-2002, 08:26 PM
You can find a 3rd gen with interior you like at a yard and take it all, or you can reapolster and paint all the vinyl you want to, i just cant remember the name of the paint, damn it, ill think of it

toastyghost
09-01-2002, 08:48 PM
Sand everything you're going to paint very lightly with fine-grain sandpaper, then put on a cleaning solvent. Once the solvent dries, spray evenly with paint. If you're using regular paint it is best to prime, but if you have interior paint it will go on fine without primer. I used SEM Plastic Prep and SEM Color Coat, which I think are both Du Pont products. If you reupholster the seats, send pics! I'm thinking of trying this but want to know how it turns out for other people because as I found out with the doors I am no professional upholsterer! :P