PDA

View Full Version : coolant drain plug

newaccorddriver
11-11-2006, 04:35 PM
any chance anybody knows what thread pitch and size the coolant drain plug is? i want to use an adapter for my coolant temperature sensor on it

A18A
11-11-2006, 04:41 PM
whys that? the drain plug thingy in the radiator is too small for a sensor to fit inside it i think

newaccorddriver
11-11-2006, 05:25 PM
whys that? the drain plug thingy in the radiator is too small for a sensor to fit inside it i think

i was thinking about the one on the block itself. i guess i should have made it a bit more clear:)

shepherd79
11-11-2006, 07:21 PM
why would you want it there?
why not stick it where it belongs, on top of thermostat housing.

stat1K
11-11-2006, 07:22 PM
because he's using a civic radiator... the way i did it (or going to do it) is still like we talked about with the splicing of the hose and welding a nut onto a piece of conduit and putting the new temp sensor their... but if you're using the same one i could never figure out how to reuse it.

newaccorddriver
11-11-2006, 09:41 PM
just to clearify, im not using a civic half size cause i should be able to have enough room for a decent sized turbo with an OEM rad. the temperature sensor i wanna put in that hole is actually for when i use megasquirt. for now, itll be a place for an aftermarket temperature sensor, but soon to be for the megasquirt sensor

newaccorddriver
11-11-2006, 09:41 PM
why not stick it where it belongs, on top of thermostat housing.

wouldnt that mean id have to drill/tap it out to place it there? this isnt OEM, its aftermarket