PDA

View Full Version : my in car fan makes noise when i use it....

Vindicted_Reprise
11-11-2006, 06:36 PM
and i know that it is leaves. i have started taking things apart to get into that whole unit, and i think that i may have to take off the whole dash to clean out the heater/fan assembly. any tips or info?

Hazwan
11-12-2006, 05:22 AM
I dunno, but on my 1gee I only need to take off the glovebox and I can access the blower. I guess 2nd gens are similar?

2ndGenGuy
11-12-2006, 12:21 PM
You can get to it by taking off that panel that is next to the windshield above the hood. The one that's like a hoodscoop. Then there's a door over on the passenger side of the car that you can pull open and just reach down into the blower. I had a bunch of crap in mine too.

Vindicted_Reprise
11-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the replies!

i got the blower out and cleaned it out (there was in fact tons of leaves and pine needles in there!) and was able to reach into that boxy thing with the copper tubes and cooling fins and clean it out (it was full of leaves :eek: [fire hazard?!?!?!]) i even scrubbed, everything i could easily get to, with a damp rag :)

but, i broke something while and now i need to go to pick 'n pull and try to find one in good condition. the best i could describe it as is the air recycling bellows. it's a white canister-ish object with a tube at the bottow and has a bellow inside of it and a lever which connects to the flap that controls recycled or fresh air flow. now that flap is kind of stuck in the middle. idk how i broke it, i think somehing fell off when i pulled out the whole unit.

Oh well, now it's clean and will be working better than before once i repair it.

Vindicted_Reprise
07-28-2007, 07:53 AM
You can get to it by taking off that panel that is next to the windshield above the hood. The one that's like a hoodscoop. Then there's a door over on the passenger side of the car that you can pull open and just reach down into the blower. I had a bunch of crap in mine too. i wish i would've done it that way!:rant:

ahmad89
07-28-2007, 08:15 AM
where is the heater core? cause my heater isnt working and i was wondering if cleaning it would make it work or checking for clogs.

Vindicted_Reprise
01-02-2009, 12:16 AM
where is the heater core? cause my heater isnt working and i was wondering if cleaning it would make it work or checking for clogs.
it's in a fun place! it's in the center of the dash, near the bottom. i know, bad descript, but better than nothing :D