PDA

View Full Version : Fuel cell and pump reccommendations ???

bigbrat41
11-12-2006, 10:50 AM
I am asking for reccommendations for setting up a Fuel Cell in my '89 Lxi.
Specifically:
-fuel pump options and possible problems
-possible plumbing problems
I am aware of losing my Honda sending unit and gauge and have no problem with an aftermarket sending unit and compatable gauge.
I may have overlooked something. Please help me out and fill in the blanks.
Thank you:rockon:

Redrum17
12-09-2006, 06:08 PM
We are using an MSD pump avalable from Jegs for about 100.00 bucks. Is mounts externally and can be wired thru the key switch or off a seperate switch. We are using this set-up on a stock car but it should work on a street car too.

AccordEpicenter
12-10-2006, 08:05 AM
do you have pics redrum?

Kabuki
12-12-2006, 12:13 PM
You could also use the external high pressure pump from the 1G Integras and 3G Civic/CR-X Si. Works nicely, they are available fairly readily in wrecking yards, and are Honda OE quality. Ask me how many we ever have to replace.... Go on, ask.

bigbrat41
12-13-2006, 05:57 AM
Thanks All
I was pretty frustrated as this post has had NO replies in ....sooo long.
The fuel cell is most probably my next big project. I will do this prior to exhaust as it will allow me to straighten the pipes.
Thanks again and anything further WILL BE APPRECIATED.:rockon:

bobafett
12-13-2006, 12:46 PM
I used the 88-91 Civic Walbro 255 lph HP (High Pressure) kit. it required me to take the wires off of my stock pump and fasten them to the new pump, and I didn't need to actually cut or splice anything.

It's fitment is 90% perfect, the stock rubber isolator had to be trimmed, and turned backwards or upside down, but it holds the walbro pump very snug now, and I zip tied it against the bracket too, and my pump doesn't make excessive noise (for a walbro 255 lol)

Looks like they have it for our application now too!
http://www.expressfuelpumps.com/honda-accord-walbro-fuel-pump-19861989-p-3604.html