PDA

View Full Version : taillights

ninja2571
09-01-2002, 09:58 PM
wheres the how to make clear taillights , i caant find it

88LXiHB
09-01-2002, 10:30 PM
http://www.geocities.com/kimurayasu/clear.html

Now the street racing machine can have CLEARS!!

http://forums.off-topic.net/images/smilies/pat.gif

2Fast_Fiero
09-02-2002, 01:30 AM
If someone could spare a cheap pair of tail lights for our accords, I am gonna make Altezza's, prefibly the ones with the clear red lens on them, but I know a company here in town that sells the inner parts to some of the real altezza's that come off, so I have like alot of round lights to make my own altezza's here at my house, I just need the housing and the fiber glass, I wonder if my mom will allow me to use her microwave HeHeHeHe:werd:

3rdGenMartyr
09-02-2002, 09:31 PM
im gonna atempt the same thing, im gonna go to u wrench it and pull like two of each side, i just hope i can figure it out

the only thing im worried about is the totally transparent plastice, and the chrome looking insides, everything else seems pretty easy

2Fast_Fiero
09-02-2002, 11:57 PM
Well, I do carbon fiber fabrication, all what your doin is just fiberglass molding, thats easier then fuck, but you can make just regular kinds, and get some 100% clear plexiglass, and mold it to your tail lights, then if you want, tint it any color you desire.
I'm gonna mold the plexiglass first, then any sort of mess up in the glass I'm gonna get that fixed, polished out or something, thats only if there will be a mess up, which i doubt will happen with plexi glass, then I'm gonna pull the orange and red lenzes off, bust everything out of the inside, mold a new back to it, then install the lights part way, mold some more plastic around the lights, move them down so it will look perfect, then mold it to the body of the tail lights, after I let everything dry in there perfectly, I'm gonna install the clear part, and use a plastic clue, cannot use super glue because that fogs up the glass, and that shit is imposible to get out, I measured the 4th gen tail lights and they will fit our cars, but you will need to do some body work on the sides and on the trunk lights to get those to work, I think if these altezzas that I make for the 3Geez come out nice, and I will take a vote, I'll sell them just for the price of the materials to you guys, anyone else not on the 3Geez.Com forum I'll sell for double the price, which should only be like 100-120 bucks, not bad concidering most altezza's are like 250 bucks. I used to do Carbon Fiber and FiberGlass fabrication and molding in high school shop class, I didn't realy wanna work with wood, so the teacher said I either learn to mold, or I work with wood, so I did the molding, never knew it would come in handy with my automobiles.

2Fast_Fiero
09-03-2002, 12:00 AM
The EUROLITE and the Stock Toyota Altezza IS-300 Altezza Euro Tail Lights are not one unit like the APC, the APC's are one unit, and all plastic and fake carbon fiber, the EUROLITE's are real carbon fiber and plexi glass, and the round lights inside of the caseing comes out of them both, unlike the APC's, APC's Altezza's just look like SHIT!!! Except for the Next Generation and the Borg Looking ones.