PDA

View Full Version : Alloy wheels

denhonda
11-14-2006, 02:07 PM
As I'm fussy about originality (but like my cars fully loaded) I have bought a set of alloys off a 1984 Prelude to fit my 2.5g. The original steel wheels with plastic trims don't do much for me.

The old Preludes are very rare here (like most old Hondas) so I was really pleased to find a set of 13" Honda alloys with no corrosion, the car they came off was rusty though. They're getting collected this week (hopefully) by one of the drivers at my work - from a distance of over 300 miles away.

I work in autosalvage & guess what came in for scrap today? Yeh, so now I have 2 sets of '84 Prelude alloys! Gonna get the best 5 together & send them away for refurbishment & will see if I make use of the other 4 for one of the other cars. Couldn't believe it when I saw the car, whats with that? Been working in a busy yard for 3 years & theres not been a single old Accord or Prelude in until this one today.

Just need to get tyres sorted out now, prefer a set of Michelins for that fresh out the showroom look!

HondaBoy
11-14-2006, 02:42 PM
i have a set of each of these style of wheels that i'm working on restoring. i'm into old honda wheels myself. also have some '89 prelude wheels, but those arent anything special.
http://www.capitalwheels.com/store/product_image.php?imageid=30233http://www.capitalwheels.com/store/product_image.php?imageid=30356

Ichiban
11-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Where did the left wheel come from?

denhonda
11-15-2006, 02:50 AM
I like the wheel on the right! That style would suit my '82 I think.

My new wheels don't look anything amazing but are the type it would have had had they been optioned for. Would like them taken back to the alloy then polished & laquered but with the climate over here they'd corrode in no time. New Jaguar & Merc laquered alloys only seem to last 2 or 3 years before the paint starts lifting & not as a result of kerb damage.

Silver is the way to go but I'm not going to paint in the HONDA MOTOR CO stamp in gold like its meant to be as thats way too :rice:

loko84hb
11-15-2006, 04:00 PM
yeah tha ones on tha left r sick

HondaBoy
11-16-2006, 02:02 AM
the one the left, i dunno who made it. i'll check, but i dont think it says on it. the right wheel was made by Western Wheel Company. both are 4x100, 40mm offset and weight about 27lbs with a tire mounted.