PDA

View Full Version : ok... layout for the perfect exuhast

hotdoghogie
11-14-2006, 08:14 PM
okie dokie guys i have been experementing with exhaust latley... i have bolted up so many exauhsts and finally found a setup that has that deep clean sound...ok

2 1/4 full exuhast to the real control arm... keep the cat

cut it about two inches after the the rear control arm...

they sell a giant red glassback for about 40$ at autozone...(buy it)

now bolt it on or weld... weld works and looks better...

find a big enough tip to round this beast of a pipe...
(i used a cut off chevy tip... not too big or too small... just right)

now i used a coat hanger to hold it up... the cleanest look for free...

now start it up... and enjoi

jonrichert
11-14-2006, 08:30 PM
i have a header and straight pipe, but it's my commuter car so i went for the quietest damn muffler i could find. i kept it 2.25 in/out but a stock muffler with a nice chrome tip. keep that shit clean, quiet and flowing.:cheers:

hotdoghogie
11-14-2006, 08:35 PM
ya i was into quite but my friends all have chevy's so i figured if im gonna make it loud its gonna sound good.... so i figured the biggest glas pack would quite it downa and make it much deeper and that exactly what it did... i guess you could say its more of a sporty sound not a ricer... almost like a 6cyd

shepherd79
11-14-2006, 09:22 PM
yeah those glass packs are nice untill your blow out or melt out the glass filling. after that it is nothing but hollow pipe.
i see a lot of idiots around here with something like that. yeah it is cheap but it is rice as hell too.
why would you spend $40 on glass pack when you can get dynomax superturbo for cheaper. it would sound even better.

MessyHonda
11-14-2006, 09:56 PM
magnaflow ftw

A20A1
11-15-2006, 02:01 AM
This is for your avergage 3G that even with bolt ons listed below will still be around 115-135 HP, the bolts ons below should be good to 200 hp before you'd want to look into upgrading again to a 2.50" or larger exhaust diameter and a custom header.
To get more power you'll need to do head work to compliment the bolts ons, also get a tuneable engine management for EFI, or New Carbs For Carbureted engines, without that added to your new exhaust mods your head and intake will become the choking point for power, not your exhaust.

HEADER

S&S Header
DC
Pacesetter

MUFFLER

Hooker Aero Chamber
Magnoflow
Borla
SuperTrapp

EXHAUST PIPE

2"
2.25"

CAT

SMSP Catalytic Convertor
Car Sound High Flow Cat
Magnoflow High Flow Cat

EXTRA

Electronic Cutout/Bypass Valve

Vanilla Sky
11-15-2006, 03:08 AM
This is for your avergage 3G that even with bolt ons listed below will still be around 115-135 HP, the bolts ons below should be good to 200 hp before you'd want to look into upgrading again to a 2.50" or larger exhaust diameter and a custom header.
To get more power you'll need to do head work to compliment the bolts ons, also get a tuneable engine management for EFI, or New Carbs For Carbureted engines, without that added to your new exhaust mods your head and intake will become the choking point for power, not your exhaust.

HEADER

S&S Header
DC
Pacesetter

MUFFLER

Hooker Aero Chamber
Magnoflow
Borla
SuperTrapp

EXHAUST PIPE

2"
2.25"

CAT

SMSP Catalytic Convertor
Car Sound High Flow Cat
Magnoflow High Flow Cat

EXTRA

good to see i'm not the only person here that likes them.

hotdoghogie
11-15-2006, 05:31 AM
lol... the glas pack was free for me buddy... the whole setup was except for the 2.25 piping

Sabz5150
11-15-2006, 05:49 AM
I went with a 4-2-1 header to a high flow cat (a real cat) on through a 2.25" straight through exhaust with a Thrush Turbo muffler and the smallest tip I could find. It's nice and quiet when I'm scooting around town, but when I hammer down it gets LOUD.

Toneloc5145
11-15-2006, 08:34 AM
i have a header and straight pipe, but it's my commuter car so i went for the quietest damn muffler i could find. i kept it 2.25 in/out but a stock muffler with a nice chrome tip. keep that shit clean, quiet and flowing.:cheers:

I was thinking about doing that, keeping a stock type muffler and increase the pipe size. What kind (brand, etc.) of muffler did you use? And is it as quiet as it was when it was totally stock, or is it slightly louder because of the increase in pipe size?

mkymonkey
11-15-2006, 05:39 PM
agreed! anyway, but i would prefer to go with a magnaflow hi-flow cat, magnaflow res, and magnaflow 5x8 muff....well maybe cuz thats what i have haha.

man one of these days i have to install all the parts i have laying around

jonrichert
11-15-2006, 06:38 PM
I was thinking about doing that, keeping a stock type muffler and increase the pipe size. What kind (brand, etc.) of muffler did you use? And is it as quiet as it was when it was totally stock, or is it slightly louder because of the increase in pipe size?
yeah it's just a universal muffler. i went to meineke and just told them to cut off the shitty cherry bomb that came on my car and make it quiet, they even welded my old chrome tip back on. i'm very happy with the setup, and yes it is slightly louder than bone stock.

hotdoghogie
11-15-2006, 06:46 PM
i like loud... especially when i race time trials at the local track... quite is way awsome too but i have always liked sound

jonrichert
11-15-2006, 07:19 PM
whatev, i prefer to hear my engine, not the fucking fart can.. to each (cah) his own.

hotdoghogie
11-15-2006, 07:25 PM
i pretty much run straight pipe the glasspack quites it down... if i take it off its super loud... and a high flow cat

MessyHonda
11-15-2006, 07:43 PM
i pretty much run straight pipe the glasspack quites it down... if i take it off its super loud... and a high flow cat

the straight pipe take the place of the high flow cat...how can you run both?

hotdoghogie
11-15-2006, 07:47 PM
im just trying to get i dont have a tuned muffler... theres no can just the all natural fart... i just think my muffler tuned down the noise a little too much...

DDRaptor
11-16-2006, 04:32 PM
yeah i'm starting to get my parts together just got my Magnaflow cat. and that big red glasspack i got it for $20 at pep boys so ;-p

add a $100 mig welder on the way and hello custom exhaust just have to get the piping but first i'm gonna get a flange and test out sound and flow on some 2" mufflers.

now to get a header and install it. oy pain in the ass. and my car is all engine you don't even hear the exhaust that's how restrtive it is. :(

hotdoghogie
11-16-2006, 06:56 PM
yeah i'm starting to get my parts together just got my Magnaflow cat. and that big red glasspack i got it for $20 at pep boys so ;-p
:(

lol... hey i can send u a vid of what my big red glassback i got at autozone sounds like... there the same thing

3gmodifier
11-16-2006, 08:49 PM
well i used to like loud. i had my pacesetter header, 2.75 straight pipe(no cat), dual high flow twin tip OTTO mufflers. it was fuckin loud. and sounded good. but then come the downfall, 31 times being pulled overin the last 3 years, 7 fix it tickets, and then a $2,100 fix it ticket that can only be signed off with a california state refferee station inspection. u want strict.check this shit out. it's $40 dollars for the appointment, $30 to do the inspection, and $30 for the certificate. if you fail, you have to make another appointment, and you pay every time. it's not done there. i have failed 4 times. once for being 6, yes 6 minutes late. once for being about a half of quart of oil low. once for not having my underhood labels because i had a carbon fiber hood. and finally once because my nox smog reading was fucking 1 point over the limit. and i am now waiting for my court date to fight it. so now i am running stock everything untill it's done. stock header, piping, muffler, intake ignition. you name it, and its stock. it really sucks. after all of this, and now having a b20, i know exacty how my exhaust is going to be. dc header(cuz it's legal, and awesome), 2.25 piping with a real and legal high flow cat, infinity G35 resonator and a nice high flow stock looking muffler. you know that badass meaty, clean and powerfull sound the G35's and 350Z's make. thats what i am going for. nice and clean and not loud. didntmean to rant and rave but the laws are getting more ane more fucked up and strict so all of those people with the riced cars with wings so big the car looks like a damn shopping cart and a tin can exhaust so loud yousound like a two stroke dirt bike, be ware.

DDRaptor
11-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Dam you can get that sound out of our accords let me kno how to do it.

If it was mounted on my car i would send a vid. ,

My build as of right now is Pacesetter header, magnaflow cat 2 1/4 tubing all the way and a Hooker Aero Chamber muffler i just changed my mind but i'm still gonna test out the sound on the glasspack but the design o the aero chamber got my attention. and at the end of the systems dual 2 1/4 pipes after a y pipe with nice simple chrome tips.

gfrg88
11-17-2006, 11:29 AM
well i used to like loud. i had my pacesetter header, 2.75 straight pipe(no cat), dual high flow twin tip OTTO mufflers. it was fuckin loud. and sounded good. but then come the downfall, 31 times being pulled overin the last 3 years, 7 fix it tickets, and then a $2,100 fix it ticket that can only be signed off with a california state refferee station inspection. u want strict.check this shit out. it's $40 dollars for the appointment, $30 to do the inspection, and $30 for the certificate. if you fail, you have to make another appointment, and you pay every time. it's not done there. i have failed 4 times. once for being 6, yes 6 minutes late. once for being about a half of quart of oil low. once for not having my underhood labels because i had a carbon fiber hood. and finally once because my nox smog reading was fucking 1 point over the limit. and i am now waiting for my court date to fight it. so now i am running stock everything untill it's done. stock header, piping, muffler, intake ignition. you name it, and its stock. it really sucks. after all of this, and now having a b20, i know exacty how my exhaust is going to be. dc header(cuz it's legal, and awesome), 2.25 piping with a real and legal high flow cat, infinity G35 resonator and a nice high flow stock looking muffler. you know that badass meaty, clean and powerfull sound the G35's and 350Z's make. thats what i am going for. nice and clean and not loud. didntmean to rant and rave but the laws are getting more ane more fucked up and strict so all of those people with the riced cars with wings so big the car looks like a damn shopping cart and a tin can exhaust so loud yousound like a two stroke dirt bike, be ware.

i remember that shit. it was LOUD!!! :lol:

hotdoghogie
11-17-2006, 10:14 PM
lol... hey a glass pack is made to give it a deep rumble... u have to run it up front and the pipe amplifies the sound after that... it works almost like a muffler when u run it in the back... it makes it quite.... just to let you know... but i run mine in back and still run a cat and its not too loud to where cops hate u but when u hammer it under a bridge... omg sounds like a harley with a fart can clamped on

race12001
11-28-2006, 03:21 PM
i went with a 4-2-1 header with 2.5in from hte collector no cat into a canister muffler its loud and deep as hell ive had so many people try to get it off me o and you can hear it for like three miles away thats the coolest part

race12001
11-28-2006, 03:22 PM
hell one time my down pipe came loose and i ran an open header for a week that was loud and sounded like a go cart

MessyHonda
11-28-2006, 04:14 PM
i went with a 4-2-1 header with 2.5in from hte collector no cat into a canister muffler its loud and deep as hell ive had so many people try to get it off me o and you can hear it for like three miles away thats the coolest part

is that a pacesetter header?

race12001
11-29-2006, 11:54 AM
yea it is at the time thats all i could find and before i new about this site

accordmanracing
02-27-2007, 10:05 PM

HEADER

S&S Header
DC
Pacesetter

MUFFLER

Hooker Aero Chamber
Magnoflow
Borla
SuperTrapp

EXHAUST PIPE

2"
2.25"

CAT

SMSP Catalytic Convertor
Car Sound High Flow Cat
Magnoflow High Flow Cat

EXTRA

YUP, DC HEADER W/ 2.25 EXHAUST W/CAT AND BORLA MUFFLER,THATS SOUNDS THE BEST BETTER THAN A STUPID CHERRY BOMB.:Owned:

MessyHonda
02-27-2007, 10:13 PM
YUP, DC HEADER W/ 2.25 EXHAUST W/CAT AND BORLA MUFFLER,THATS SOUNDS THE BEST BETTER THAN A STUPID CHERRY BOMB.:Owned:

yup i bet it sounds nice

Rockcord
02-27-2007, 10:24 PM
my bone stock exhaust leaks fairly bad, so when I get all my debt payed off, i think im getting a complete new exhaust setup, from header to muffler, all nice stuff and all welded, no bolt ups... I havent decided on anything yet, just looking around and askin ppl

teck
02-27-2007, 10:41 PM
ebay cat. pacesetter cat back working on getting pacesetter ceramic coat header

Zufer
02-27-2007, 11:06 PM
pacesetter header straight into a glass pack!!! with a 282 cam is sounds amazing at idle and has tons of power. But way to loud to actually drive with. What i wanna try a 2.5in pipe from the head to the first bend then a DNA round muffler between the bend and a side dump in front of the wheel.