PDA

View Full Version : my e brake

Crazybird
11-14-2006, 08:38 PM
questionnn seems like when i pull my e brake it doesnt do very much unless ur turning sideways :S are our e brakes not ment to totally lock up the rear wheels or is mine just loose

MessyHonda
11-14-2006, 09:35 PM
dude you got drum brakes....dont make me laugh...lol

1ajs
11-14-2006, 09:36 PM
time for new pads? or the self ajuster is missing... or not working...
or the pistons that push on the pads are jamed......

ghettogeddy
11-14-2006, 09:37 PM
or it just needs to be adjusted

mastaofdisasta
11-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Im gonna go with adjusted, think of how old the car is and how much the e brake may have gone without adjustment, mine is the same way, which is good because my friends think its funny to slam on my ebrake when im driving, im quite thankful it doesnt work right

1ajs
11-14-2006, 09:43 PM
dude you got drum brakes....dont make me laugh...lol

^ OR that

1ajs
11-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Im gonna go with adjusted, think of how old the car is and how much the e brake may have gone without adjustment, mine is the same way, which is good because my friends think its funny to slam on my ebrake when im driving, im quite thankful it doesnt work right

:thumbdn: thoughs basterd how can they do that to you :gun: better hope you never have to park on a hill

mastaofdisasta
11-14-2006, 10:00 PM
yaaa, another favorite tihng for them to do is slip it in N when im not lookin or not payin attention at a stop sign or somein (i have an auto) that shit freakes me out, go to hit the gas and ur car doesnt move forward, the worse part is when they do this to me after i :bong:

MessyHonda
11-14-2006, 10:26 PM
yaaa, another favorite tihng for them to do is slip it in N when im not lookin or not payin attention at a stop sign or somein (i have an auto) that shit freakes me out, go to hit the gas and ur car doesnt move forward, the worse part is when they do this to me after i :bong:

ok it would show on the cluster that you are in N....adjust your brakes FOO...

mastaofdisasta
11-14-2006, 10:36 PM
I dont really look at the cluster everytime i take off, would you?

MessyHonda
11-14-2006, 10:46 PM
I dont really look at the cluster everytime i take off, would you?

yeah if the car is not moving :Owned:

1ajs
11-15-2006, 04:09 AM
POT HEADS :Owned:

Deadhead
11-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Mine would lock up when i would pull it... lol... and i did have drums :D

Crazybird
11-15-2006, 06:53 PM
so how do i adjust my e brake

hotdoghogie
11-15-2006, 07:02 PM
ok all you noob... j/k

ok but ya i did it... to adjust it take off the drums... after u take of the wheel.. j/k on that one too

ok now under one of the pads there a little thing that has notches on it... the notches will be facing you... spin it downwards a little-bit depending on how out of adjusment they are...(trial and arror kinda - the error) ok do this to both sides... and pretty much thats it your e brake should pull bout half way up and be fully locked...

you will also notice how much stiffer, sensitive, and more breaking power you will gain...

hope it helps... im shure it will

MessyHonda
11-15-2006, 07:24 PM
ok all you noob... j/k
ok but ya i did it... to adjust it take off the drums... after u take of the wheel.. j/k on that one too
ok now under one of the pads there a little thing that has notches on it... the notches will be facing you... spin it downwards a little-bit depending on how out of adjusment they are...(trial and arror kinda - the error) ok do this to both sides... and pretty much thats it your e brake should pull bout half way up and be fully locked...
you will also notice how much stiffer, sensitive, and more breaking power you will gain...
hope it helps... im shure it will

yup that is wut i did...and it helps out to balance the breaking since you wont feel like the front is doing all the stoping...i did it like 5k ago and im thinking of doing it again real soon

Crazybird
11-15-2006, 08:33 PM
hmm damn i dunno would it be worth it when all the ice is coming.....

mastaofdisasta
11-15-2006, 08:33 PM
well after i notice the car isnt moving id check the gauge cluster, but before i hit the gas i dont

Crazybird
11-15-2006, 08:39 PM
dude wrong thread :P

oh wait u were talking about that in this thread :P dohh

MessyHonda
11-15-2006, 08:46 PM
dude wrong thread :P

oh wait u were talking about that in this thread :P dohh

:bowrofl:

Crazybird
11-15-2006, 08:48 PM
:P:P:P:uh: