PDA

View Full Version : >>>HELP<<< How do I remove stock headunit!?!?

propr'one
11-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Faq pics are down. Pulled the deck out of my summer car, wanna stick it in my new toy (its a 1989 LXI)

thanks guys

shepherd79
11-14-2006, 09:27 PM
it is very easy.
first you have to remove the center console. since you have LXI i would assume you have casset holder.
after that, you have to remove the buzzer (warning control unit). it is easy, two 10mm bolts on each side.
after that look up all the way on the back. you should see your stock deck and two philips screws holding it. take them out and pull the deck out.

ghettogeddy
11-14-2006, 09:36 PM
what he said i just did mine a couple days ago your gona want a stubby phillips to get the screws or a 8mm socket i think it could be smaller i found it easyer to use the socket over the phillips bit

MessyHonda
11-14-2006, 09:42 PM
yeah you guys got it...thats is wut we did when we installed my new stereo. and you admins and mods fix thoes pics.

propr'one
11-14-2006, 10:36 PM
Yeah i got a casette. I have no idea how to remove the centre console. Anyone have a pic?

(and thanks for the help guys, i'm propr'one, i also drive a 1998 bmw 328i sport package, and i wanted something reliable for the winter, so i got a 3rd gen:D)

MessyHonda
11-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Yeah i got a casette. I have no idea how to remove the centre console. Anyone have a pic?

(and thanks for the help guys, i'm propr'one, i also drive a 1998 bmw 328i sport package, and i wanted something reliable for the winter, so i got a 3rd gen:D)

:welcome: to the site

if you have the Lx-i it takes 6 screws to take it off...just make sure you roll your seats all the way back to get to the screws

propr'one
11-14-2006, 11:12 PM
Mabye its an EX-i. Vin says LX-I though?

how would i know?

How would that change the install?

(there's no badge on the back of the car)

A18A
11-14-2006, 11:20 PM
its just the screws on the console to take it off, its not that hard, if you got a manual, you will ha ve to pull the gear knob off or you will rip the boot or w/e its called

MessyHonda
11-14-2006, 11:21 PM
if you are in the US... its a LX-i ....also Forrestsei has free carfax check...so if you can give him your VIN number he can check it for you

propr'one
11-14-2006, 11:39 PM
Ok, i found the two screws you guys were talking about.

There's a big grey box infront (under them) which prevents me having acsess, going to have to remove it. Just out of curiosity, what is it?

the vin is JHMCA5645KC816770, whatever you guys could figure out would be great.

shepherd79
11-15-2006, 06:12 AM
Ok, i found the two screws you guys were talking about.

There's a big grey box infront (under them) which prevents me having acsess, going to have to remove it. Just out of curiosity, what is it?

that's the buzzer (warning control box.) if you remove it and disconnect it make sure you put it back. It controls your fender turnsignals and many other things.

propr'one
11-20-2006, 01:40 PM
got it, thanks guys. Anyone have a chance to check if its actually an LXi