PDA

View Full Version : woaah woah woah, question

MyGarbageLXi
09-02-2002, 06:54 AM
aight ehres the thing, Ive got a 89LXI and i have a set of 15''s ima thro on there sooon, but just recenetly ive hear talks of needing to ajust spedo????? is taht fo real? Help:wtf:

Site
09-02-2002, 07:13 AM
195/55/15 tires and 205/50/15 tires will fit without having to adjust the speedometer. 195/50/15 tires will fit but the speedometer will be off some. From what I've read on the board, tires other than these 3 sizes won't fit the car well.

Jims 86LXI HB
09-02-2002, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by MyGarbageLXi
aight ehres the thing, Ive got a 89LXI and i have a set of 15''s ima thro on there sooon, but just recenetly ive hear talks of needing to ajust spedo????? is taht fo real? Help:wtf:

Site says it right :werd:

MyGarbageLXi you wouldn't be refering to this post, are you?

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5554

I saw that and thought to myself, now that's gonna confuse some people. I hoped that my last post in the thread would settle things, but maybe not.

Site
09-02-2002, 07:48 AM
LOL - I said it right because I archived a post wehre you said it right, Jim!

:D

MyGarbageLXi
09-02-2002, 05:35 PM
haha yeah jim taht really threw me offf
im gunna be running 205/50/15 tires on those tims so i guess it wont be a problem
BUt im still contemplating Painting those rims WHite, i really wanna, honestly i dotn care if its Glossy, think ishould go for that WHeel Paint???

Jims 86LXI HB
09-02-2002, 08:39 PM
haha yeah jim taht really threw me offf
im gunna be running 205/50/15 tires on those tims so i guess it wont be a problem
BUt im still contemplating Painting those rims WHite, i really wanna, honestly i dotn care if its Glossy, think ishould go for that WHeel Paint???

Ohhh man I think you will care:D , ever tried to clean a wall that was painted with flat paint? It really sucks! Their are so many things that dirty up rims, road grime, brake dust ect. Gloss paints are so much easier to clean and flats are known to stain, not a good thing for a wheel. If you can find the color you want with the wheel paint, yeah try it. But I just don't think it will be anywhere as durable as the factory finish.:D

MyGarbageLXi
09-04-2002, 06:22 PM
i gotcha Jim, but how much am i lookin to spend on a Glossy Clear Coat??/ i mean the Paints like 5 bux a can i guess and i need to paint like 4 rims, then i need them Clear Coated,how much i lookin to spend???

Jims 86LXI HB
09-05-2002, 10:56 PM
i gotcha Jim, but how much am i lookin to spend on a Glossy Clear Coat??/ i mean the Paints like 5 bux a can i guess and i need to paint like 4 rims, then i need them Clear Coated,how much i lookin to spend???

Hmm, glad you asked about the clear. The whole point of doing the gloss paint is to avoid appling a clear coat. The auto body supply store I got my paint from explained to me that it's impossible to get clear coat in a can that will not turn yellow with sun exposure. Not unless you have a body shop shot some automotive clear on the rims.

88ACCORDLXFaSho
09-07-2002, 04:31 PM
Sorry to change the subject, but I am running 195/50/15's, so how does it mess up my speedo?

Jims 86LXI HB
09-07-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by 88ACCORDLXFaSho
Sorry to change the subject, but I am running 195/50/15's, so how does it mess up my speedo?

Well your speedo is off, but it's not that big a deal
when you speedo says 70mph, your really going 68.3mph
I dunno to me 195/50-15 size makes the rims look smaller than they really are, IMHO.