PDA

View Full Version : H E L P CITY Ha-HELP Ha-Help CITY CITY

MyGarbageLXi
09-02-2002, 07:08 AM
im sick of this crap:barf: i made my 3rd atttempt at this damn HEadunit thing today, i see those little screws in the back but i cant get them off,its imposible to fit any thing in there (screwdriver with bit on top, ratchet, u name it , its frikin imposible) thers this Grey Box under it thats restricting everything. i dont kow if tahts the box for the Alarm system taht came with the car when i got it but its just in the Fuking way and its pissin me off and idont want to remove that shit..... anyone know the box im talking about??>>>> and also wtf is a Wiring Harness i mean i kow its the thing that'll help me so i dont have to cut shit but wat does it look like , and where can i buy one and hOw much am i gunna spend?????? Helppppp

catalin
09-02-2002, 08:27 AM
Remove the small greyish box with a 10MM socket. Reach up and under dash to remove the deack with either a phillips screwdriver or an 8mm socket whichever works better.
Wiring harness can be purchased at almost any car audio shop. Just walk in and as to buy a honda wiring harness, I'm sure they'll know what you want right away.

If you don't want to use a harness then I can tell you what wire is what.

88' Accord Ltd
09-02-2002, 04:05 PM
Yah dont worry about that "grey box thing" It has nothing to do with ur alarm and is you take off the sockets on the side it can just slide out of the way and you dont have to unplug it. once it out of the way you can get a phillips head scredriver to remove the 2 screws in the back of the deck and it should slide rite out

MyGarbageLXi
09-02-2002, 05:37 PM
sweet guys ill give it a shot after tommorw after ahhhhh fuk .......schoool :barf:

88WhiteLX-i
09-02-2002, 08:45 PM
yeah there are two 10mm bolts on both sides of that greyhish box. Unbolt those fuckers, and slide the box up and over and move it outta the way so you can get your hand up in back of radio so you can unscrew the two screws that hold the stock radio in. Good Luck man!!!