PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to change the wheels from 4 point hub to a 5????

pot_of_rice
11-17-2006, 02:58 PM
This is something I been thinking about changing my wheel hubs from 4 nut studs to 5 but have no idea to go about it and what is compatible with the 89 ex-i accord? The dream is go go with 20 inch rims with a really deep off-set and install a wide body kit:) ....but lets take it one step at a time!!!

I would like to install Rear disc drakes as well but by changing the hub would that dynamically change the ability to convert both hubs and disc breaks??

Help me to be a 3geez master im just a baby here...feed me!

MessyHonda
11-17-2006, 03:04 PM
This is something I been thinking about changing my wheel hubs from 4 nut studs to 5 but have no idea to go about it and what is compatible with the 89 ex-i accord? The dream is go go with 20 inch rims with a really deep off-set and install a wide body kit:) ....but lets take it one step at a time!!!
I would like to install Rear disc drakes as well but by changing the hub would that dynamically change the ability to convert both hubs and disc breaks??

dont make me laugh fool..... HEY GUYS WE GOT ANOTHER CAH!

just messin' wit cha MAING....i have not heard anything about geting a 5 lug set up...i bet it can be done...with like a 2nd gen legend parts......i would not recomend it....the bigest rim you can fit is a 18 inch but you will bend the rim in a pothole....show us some pictures of your car...so some one and photoshop it for you.

speedpenguin
11-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Ain't no CAH, this dude's a balla! Straight up!

Legend_master
11-17-2006, 07:49 PM

simple answer: anything is possible with money (and I do mean ALOT of money for this), but you would be smart to go with some 18's and a drop or something a little more mild.

ghettogeddy
11-17-2006, 07:51 PM
ya there isent anything u cant do with a 4 lug that u can do with a 5 if ur trying to use rims u already have or can get i say just fond the right kind there really isent any proformance upgrades with one more lug

guaynabo89
11-18-2006, 07:43 AM
if he wants 20 inch wheels I highly doubt they come 4 lug.

If you find the correct size hubs that wil fit the accord youd be fine. problem is noone here has done that.

if all else fails you can get these spacers tha tconvert to 5 lug.

ghettogeddy
11-18-2006, 09:53 AM
well 18 rub real bad on 3g's i could only imagine oh and heres some konig 20" in 4x100 and 4x108
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-x7-5-4-New-Konig-Tuner-II-Wheels-4x108-4x100-ET-45_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43960QQihZ017QQitemZ 270054193655QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

MessyHonda
11-18-2006, 04:55 PM
it would look ugly you would need to run like 215-30-20 inch tires...and thoes suckers are rare...lol

SQ is the SQUAD
11-19-2006, 09:08 AM
there are pleanty of 20" rims in 4 lug. my buddy has a 00 accord on 20's. 4 cylender accord. anyways, i was thinking about converting to 5 lug myself. when i removed my rear hub assembly to put on my new long studs i thought about going to the junkyard and getting a few 5 lug huns to see what i can MAKE fit. rember, if the hub isent a direct fit, you can prob try a few dirrerent bearing. i am talking about mixing and matching. it may take some time doing research but in the end, you will be happy. if i find some cheap type r rims, i a mdefentally trying to go 5 lug

pot_of_rice
11-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the help guys....

Man, I don't got money, I got some loose change but I used taht on gas, stupid gas! Anybody can do anything with alot of money its just that im on a lay-away budget and all heart and hard work. I could sell my heart but then I'd be dead unless they replace it with an iron lung, that be fun! So here I am trying to see which parts would be best compatible if any.

...changing to a 5 lug is something I thought about for awhile now. I thought about spacer adapters but then it wouldn't be the same as actually acomplishing the switch. The 20inch rims thats a project later down the road once I have some money so for now that will remain one crazy ambitious dream with all the other things I'd like to do with the car something to stay tuned for....mmmmm I could just draw it out or something. But about the 5 lug hub I'll keep asking away to what the best solution is and once I find out i'll keep you posted...

...eh, one more thing, whats a CAH?????

(Canadians and Hockey? Cheap ass hooligan? Can anyone help??)

SQ is the SQUAD
11-19-2006, 08:20 PM
lol

CAH = Cheep as hell

MessyHonda
11-19-2006, 08:57 PM
lol

CAH = Cheep as hell

crappy as hell
cheesy as hell....lol

speedpenguin
11-21-2006, 07:26 AM