PDA

View Full Version : H23??

LuteRileyAccord1987
11-17-2006, 10:09 PM
What do you guys think of an H23 on a 3gee (non-vtec). So, I've known this guy for a couple years, and know that im taking auto classes I told him about it and he said whenever I wanted to learn something to stop by, so I go often. Back to my point, I was roaming around his shop and saw that he had an H23 sitting there, I asked if anything was wrong with it, he said it was fine. So i asked if he was intersted in selling it, he said he would for 600 and he would teach me how to put the whole thing on, (NO CHARGE). Off course I dont have any money, so he recently asked me again if i wanted it, I told him yeah. He said he would know give it to me for 400...Needs tranny, good deal or what do you guys think?

MessyHonda
11-17-2006, 10:14 PM
i would talk and check out pic of the guy with the h22....that is going to be one hard ass swap tho...i say take it and sell it for more..and get yourself a b18 or something that wont need alot of mods....prepare to spend like 2k on a swap

LuteRileyAccord1987
11-17-2006, 10:19 PM
yeah i was thinkin its gonna be alot, it would need a lot of things. I think putting it with him helping me would save me a bunch.

hotdoghogie
11-17-2006, 10:19 PM
HA... i found a b16 with 34,000mi w/ tranny for 600$ from a freind but i no telly where it is!

MessyHonda
11-17-2006, 10:39 PM
yeah i was thinkin its gonna be alot, it would need a lot of things. I think putting it with him helping me would save me a bunch.

if he has the experience and you have the money you are good to go buddy...

HA... i found a b16 with 34,000mi w/ tranny for 600$ from a freind but i no telly where it is!

b16s are for civics you ricer....get a real motor...b20

AccordEpicenter
11-17-2006, 11:01 PM
h23 aint worth it. h22A maybe but even its an expensive pain in the ass swap. Id take a b18/b20 instead

snoopyloopy
11-17-2006, 11:42 PM
sure, jump on it. $400 isn't bad, especially if it runs. and without vtec, it could be marginally easier to do the wiring. you can use the f22 (aka 4g, 5g) accord tranny with the h23 and that shouldn't be too expensive to pick up either. you could probably land one for less than $100.
i don't see where you can go wrong with this swap, really. cheap engine, offer for free labor and expertise which i'm going to assume includes mount-making. and even if that's where it stops, you still have an h23. same power as the b20a, and if you get all that stuff done for free, potentially cheaper than a b20a. beyond that, h23 are better on the boost side of things if that's what you want. or if you want a good na engine, all you would have to do is find an h22a and wire in the vtec because it would then be a bolt-in swap. but if this car is your daily driver, pick up some pos to drive around until it's all done.

Civic Accord Honda
11-18-2006, 12:15 AM
sure, jump on it. $400 isn't bad, especially if it runs. and without vtec, it could be marginally easier to do the wiring. you can use the f22 (aka 4g, 5g) accord tranny with the h23 and that shouldn't be too expensive to pick up either. you could probably land one for less than $100.
i don't see where you can go wrong with this swap, really. cheap engine, offer for free labor and expertise which i'm going to assume includes mount-making. and even if that's where it stops, you still have an h23. same power as the b20a, and if you get all that stuff done for free, potentially cheaper than a b20a. beyond that, h23 are better on the boost side of things if that's what you want. or if you want a good na engine, all you would have to do is find an h22a and wire in the vtec because it would then be a bolt-in swap. but if this car is your daily driver, pick up some pos to drive around until it's all done.
X2 cuz thats a hella good deam my maing:)

LuteRileyAccord1987
11-18-2006, 02:21 AM
If I do do this I dontwant to go cheap eitheir I want to do it right, would I be able to get Hasport motor mounts?

shepherd79
11-18-2006, 07:21 AM
hasport doesn't make mounts for our car. you probably can get mounts for other car and see if you can make them work.
plus you can always drop H22 head on H23 block and make it Vtec.

snoopyloopy
11-18-2006, 09:20 AM
If I do do this I dontwant to go cheap eitheir I want to do it right, would I be able to get Hasport motor mounts?
all mounts would have to be custom. you could maybe try to h22 mounts for the 3g prelude--they're having a group buy over on preludepower for those from the company azracemachine (?). or i think the other guy with the h22 3g said he modified some ef civic mounts to suit his purposes. but either way, you're still going to have to mod them up a bit to fit the 3g properly. and yeah, h22 head + h23 block = good combo. especially for boost. :)