PDA

View Full Version : door handles?

AlfredoPDX
11-18-2006, 02:32 AM
hey so i was at work today and i notice my pager on my car alarm is going off, so i go outside to investigate, and all is well although it says there was an impact i went back inside to finish what i was doing, then i figure i should move my car so i go back and open my car and the handle is broken:wtf: , i was wondering if anyone could tell me how i would go about changing the handle, any info please help.

also got a flat today on the way to work, couldnt get a break today for my 3g

A18A
11-18-2006, 02:59 AM
that sucks =/ but to remove it:

take off the door panel, a few screws, pry out the clips and pry the panel off at the top with the chrome piece, unplug the window switches and door panel light and pull it off. look at the door handle from the inside and pull out the 2 metal thingies that are for the key lock and the handle, they usually just clip out, then undo the 2 10mm nuts (might be 12mm though, im pretty sure they are 10mm. i cant remember), then its out. not sure about removing the key lock part of the door handle though. hope that helps ya :welcome:

AlfredoPDX
11-18-2006, 03:01 AM
so this might be a dumb question but can i use a new handle without changing the llock like its just the lever that is broken

A18A
11-18-2006, 03:03 AM
not too sure, im pretty sure you can, it works like a pivot, so ya might needa rivet out the 2 pins to take it out. mine broke too about 3 years ago, never fixed it though.. lol

Chef Boyardee
11-18-2006, 06:38 AM
Just get a new handle and change the lock cylinders around.

MessyHonda
11-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Just get a new handle and change the lock cylinders around.

just go to the junkyard and try it with your key...90% of the time it work....like yesterday i took my dx to school and i had been useing my lx-i so i put the key on my dx and it open right up.....it was funny as hell...but i got worried....i need an EL CHEAPO alarm.

A18A
11-18-2006, 09:27 AM
just go to the junkyard and try it with your key...90% of the time it work....like yesterday i took my dx to school and i had been useing my lx-i so i put the key on my dx and it open right up.....it was funny as hell...but i got worried....i need an EL CHEAPO alarm.
thats random lol, i have tried 5 different honda keys in 7 different hondas 92 or older, none of them worked lol

AlfredoPDX
11-18-2006, 10:19 AM
so i think once i get it apart it will be pretty self explanatory, just take off the door panel and the rest will follow. thanks for the help, and about the other keys working, makes me glad my alarm disables the starter:)

dalinxz
08-12-2007, 03:51 PM
The same thing just happened to me today!!! alarm went off, showed impact but nothing looked amiss until I tried to open the door the handle is broken looks like someone was trying to break in, thank god my alarm disables the starter.

ghettogeddy
08-12-2007, 04:07 PM
i need to get a couple rear handles off a car thats the same color as mone so i can get rid of the key holes