PDA

View Full Version : can i

buttaz1
11-21-2006, 06:50 AM
hey guys
i was wondering if its possiable for me to add abs breaking to my car or any other?

MessyHonda
11-21-2006, 09:30 AM
i think it only came on euro and japanese models.....i would not even bother.....like some one said learn how to drive on slick roads.....tires help alot....after i got my tires....the car felt better.

ZackieDarko
11-21-2006, 12:33 PM
I believe ABS only came on the Super Stage.

A18A
11-21-2006, 12:36 PM
if thats true, then my car has ABS w00t. but i thought it only came on some 2.0si's

MessyHonda
11-21-2006, 01:19 PM
if thats true, then my car has ABS w00t. but i thought it only came on some 2.0si's

ok go to a wet road...and hit the breaks hard....if they lock up you dont have it...and yeah i think they only came in the higher class cars.

russiankid
11-21-2006, 06:10 PM
ok go to a wet road...and hit the breaks hard....if they lock up you dont have it...and yeah i think they only came in the higher class cars.
Make sure there are no cars in front of you too:thumbdn:

frantik
11-21-2006, 06:26 PM
or anything else for that matter lol

MessyHonda
11-21-2006, 08:09 PM
well maybe some bushes....if you spin out like crazy...to they can stop you..LOL

Neuspeed87lx
11-21-2006, 08:24 PM
it wouldnt be worth it... u would need speed sensors, abs unit, u would have to run more brake lines, tone rings, it would be a pain

bigman652
11-21-2006, 08:28 PM
its possible to add abs breaking to any car as long as you have the money and you know wut you are doing

MessyHonda
11-21-2006, 08:45 PM
the only thing close to our cars that you might get your hands are on the 1st gen legend...they have ABS cuz my friend had to pay 3000 bucks to fix his...shit....they replaced the whole system...but yeah....his dad is rich so he didnt care...

2drSE-i
11-21-2006, 08:56 PM
if ur wheels lock up, release some brake pressure, then reapply. thats what abs does, and its less effective than a competent driver.

Tomisimo
11-21-2006, 09:03 PM
ABS came in Euro models but only with B20a engines. I must say its not worth it. ABS on our cars way some Kilos.

To be exakt its not ABS on Hondas its ALB (Anty Lock Brakes)

buttaz1
11-21-2006, 09:43 PM
yea
umm lol the go on a wet road and hit the breaks part isnt funny that happend to me i went over a cliffy thing and through concrete lol
but yea i was thinking bout it at work today and it doesnt seem like a good idea. ill just wait till snow comes down here and drive in a empty lot and see what i can learn

MessyHonda
11-21-2006, 09:50 PM
yea
umm lol the go on a wet road and hit the breaks part isnt funny that happend to me i went over a cliffy thing and through concrete lol
but yea i was thinking bout it at work today and it doesnt seem like a good idea. ill just wait till snow comes down here and drive in a empty lot and see what i can learn

like i said dude....tires help out alot...also good brakes....i will only get high performace stuff....my dx feels slugish and its 200 pounds lighter than my lx-i imagine if i swaped lx-i break sistem into my dx....it would stop in a dime

ghettogeddy
11-21-2006, 09:53 PM
yea
aslso if ur thinking because of ice i would look into a good winter tire maybe something made for snow and ice if it gets bad were u are

buttaz1
11-21-2006, 10:08 PM
it doesnt but
i first heard about this technic on here and then i read some mags and there are a lot of racers that do that. i want to learn to drive in the worst condtions and on ice you dont have n0o control basicaly? so yea
as far as tires im going to goo with goodyear tripal threads i think they are good years i know its notthe one wit the pillz berry dough boy
and they better be good for a 100 buxz a pop

ghettogeddy
11-21-2006, 10:31 PM
thats a little pricy i got my toyos for 450 m/b

MessyHonda
11-21-2006, 10:39 PM
thats a little pricy i got my toyos for 450 m/b

i got my falkens for 184.....some dude sold them from his house.....i got them mounted and balanced for free at my uncles shop.

buttaz1
11-21-2006, 10:46 PM
so
i decided to slowly rebuild the accord
she was in a accident... i need to rebuild the passanger side suspention and shit but i yea i bout a 3geez prelude so money realy isnt a issue lol ill spend my grocery money and starve to save my cord.
CAH!!!
( i had to say that i onno why)

MessyHonda
11-21-2006, 10:49 PM
^^lol yeah...some times life can get Crappy A Hell....lol damn this CAH life

buttaz1
11-22-2006, 06:31 AM
lol
i dont even know what to say
but ummmm yea that crash opend up my eyes though
i should slow down espicialy if i got some walmart save alot
ass tires.
oh and i know why i crashed i know what i hit i hit like a hole or somehting that is like a whole my tires like skidded a lil and then i got nervous bein that it was went i thought i was loseing control and i slammed on the breaks forgetting i didnt have abs and well the car flew through concrete (well atleast the bottom part like the metal like the sub frame

Tomisimo
11-22-2006, 10:30 AM
I had Goodyear last winter in winter country, (we do have winter thet lasts 9 mounth) to tell you i wasent inprest, now i have Nokian. They are super, mass of greep on snow or ice, aspetualy on wet ice. So yeas good tires is beter then ALB (abs) system.

One more thing from mi expereance : If you have to brake hard (child on the rode) or some like thet. You brake hard and tern stearing wheel to the left or right and in last moment before colition you let go on brakes. Whut hopend is even if you tern wheel to side you'll be SEIL strait forword, but when you let go you get you'r greep back. Thet way you avoide axident or Head colition for thet mether. Trust me it works. i done it like 10-15 times allready. save me every time.

Good lock

StressSolutions
11-29-2006, 05:46 PM
sure. might as well make it a diesel too. Add some air bags, curb feelers and a alarm while you're at it.

OR send the money you'll be wasting to me! I'll use it in a fitting and pleasant manner.

StressSolutions
11-29-2006, 05:48 PM
I had Goodyear last winter in winter country, (we do have winter thet lasts 9 mounth) to tell you i wasent inprest, now i have Nokian. They are super, mass of greep on snow or ice, aspetualy on wet ice. So yeas good tires is beter then ALB (abs) system.
One more thing from mi expereance : If you have to brake hard (child on the rode) or some like thet. You brake hard and tern stearing wheel to the left or right and in last moment before colition you let go on brakes. Whut hopend is even if you tern wheel to side you'll be SEIL strait forword, but when you let go you get you'r greep back. Thet way you avoide axident or Head colition for thet mether. Trust me it works. i done it like 10-15 times allready. save me every time.
Good lock

:huh:
there are more words misspelled here than spelled correctly. that is sad, man

89l_x_i
11-29-2006, 05:53 PM
with the money your gonna spend in adding abs just go ahead and by another car that already comes with abs.

buttaz1
11-29-2006, 09:09 PM
lol
i forgot about this thread lol sorry dudes
but yea i scraped the idea now im just tring to get my accord back and running

Tomisimo
11-29-2006, 10:06 PM
:huh:
there are more words misspelled here than spelled correctly. that is sad, man

I know. i stil lerning gramatics. i'm not englesh or american you se.