PDA

View Full Version : 2g Burnout Videos

2ndGenGuy
11-22-2006, 12:27 PM
My first burnout I've ever done was last week. It was impressive. Smoke was rolling off the tires pretty damn well. No cameras were present, of course.
For some reason my car had performance anxiety in front of the camera, but did okay. Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl3MBHCyaqU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1G-2QdlD54

gfrg88
11-22-2006, 12:30 PM
very nice!!! sounds good, what are your mods on that, if any??? also, that thing must not weight much, since its just dragging the wheels in the back :lol:

:thumbup:

2ndGenGuy
11-22-2006, 12:42 PM
No mods really. Just an untuned Weber carb. :D

2275lb curb weight. :)

A18A
11-22-2006, 12:45 PM
yay a 2gee vid :D i like the lights of your car

MessyHonda
11-22-2006, 01:59 PM
wow dude you made my day.....nothing better than a honda burning out on some fat fives.

offthahook
11-22-2006, 10:26 PM
That is freaking pimpin'!! Old school Accord reppin' like that. Hope the NHRA doesn't see that; they'll be knockin' on your door.

A18A
11-22-2006, 10:32 PM
as long as the plate isnt in the vid, there aint much they could do :) (i think) theres videos of more illegal things than that to worry about :)

Cheeseburger
11-22-2006, 11:10 PM
cool!

Rockcord
11-23-2006, 11:19 AM
hells yeah boyyy! Now I need to get one up of me ion my 84... Ive done it so much, just never on video!!

denhonda
11-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Am I the only one who thinks stuff like this is pointless?

It puts wear on your car... CV joints & clutch springs for example. It does no good for the environment (ie. the planet) not to mention the locale for anyone who doesn't want that going on in their neighbourhood.

Unimpressed.

MessyHonda
11-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Am I the only one who thinks stuff like this is pointless?
It puts wear on your car... CV joints & clutch springs for example. It does no good for the environment (ie. the planet) not to mention the locale for anyone who doesn't want that going on in their neighbourhood.
Unimpressed.

http://www.orlyowl.com/orly.jpg

denhonda
11-23-2006, 03:59 PM
http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/yarly-34109.jpg

A18A
11-23-2006, 04:09 PM
rofl

Ichiban
11-23-2006, 04:38 PM
HAhaha!

2ndGenGuy
11-24-2006, 12:12 PM
LMAO.

I agree with you. It's TOTALLY pointless. But I find myself doing pointless things all the time. Who doesn't? What's the point in spending any time doing any work on these old cars anyways. It's more economical and usually smarter to buy a newer car.

These videos are the second and third times I've ever done this to my car in 6 years. The autocross put more wear on my car than this did. Plus the car will be getting a new engine and transmission soon anyways.

Also, for the first 260,000 miles, with all the stock carb components, my car polluted way less than your car has in its lifetime. My car stock, has 10x the emissions reducing components that yours does. So one burnout isn't going to hurt anything compared to the damage your car has done over it's lifetime. :)

Plus I was in a remote location about 2-3 miles away from the nearest house. I don't like bothering people either, which is why I drove out to do this.

So while it was senseless, pointless, and put a little extra wear on my car. It was fun, safe and made some people laugh. No intent to impress.

AccordB20A
11-24-2006, 03:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I9M-piDPKU

skids anyone.. hahahahaha it doesnt matter when u got a beater

MessyHonda
11-24-2006, 08:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I9M-piDPKU
skids anyone.. hahahahaha it doesnt matter when u got a beater

damn hella smoke

denhonda
11-25-2006, 02:48 PM
A fine response (genuinely) !

Not trying to be a cnut but I hate to see stuff wasted, thats all...

But to pick at a few of your points (again not trying to be a cnut but got time on my hands).

I agree with you. It's TOTALLY pointless - Glad you agree!

But I find myself doing pointless things all the time - Likewise.

What's the point in spending any time doing any work on these old cars anyways - Cos there cool/retro/great to drive/cheap/better than many new cars!

It's more economical and usually smarter to buy a newer car - New cars cost a fortune & devalue quickly & are often less economical & it uses an estimated equivilant of ten years running of an existing car to build/produce one new car.

Also, for the first 260,000 miles, with all the stock carb components, my car polluted way less than your car has in its lifetime. My car stock, has 10x the emissions reducing components that yours does - The one in my avatar has done 38,000 miles & is mega economical so has probably pollluted less. Was & is hardly used as opposed to doing lots of little journeys.

Plus I was in a remote location about 2-3 miles away from the nearest house. I don't like bothering people either, which is why I drove out to do this - Fair comment.

So while it was senseless, pointless, and put a little extra wear on my car. It was fun, safe and made some people laugh. No intent to impress - Your initial post said 'it was impressive' hence my chosen end comment.

And to conclude... no hard feelings. I can see that you love your car anyway & your response has convinced me that you don't want to kill it. End of.

Ok? :nervous:

2ndGenGuy
11-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Yeah, no worries. :)

I actually wasn't impressed by these two videos. I guess my poorly worded verbage was referring to a previous one I had done.
It was impressive to me. (Which was the first one I've ever tried). I could care less if anybody else is impressed. I'll probably never do it again.

MessyHonda
11-26-2006, 07:22 PM
Yeah, no worries. :)

I actually wasn't impressed by these two videos. I guess my poorly worded verbage was referring to a previous one I had done.
It was impressive to me. (Which was the first one I've ever tried). I could care less if anybody else is impressed. I'll probably never do it again.

i liked the videos.....plus its ok to show off...you spend all that money for wut...to drive fucking 65 miles a hour? hell no....i say its a good streess releaver...get the adrenaline pumping...lol just imagine it with the a20 swap....lol

2ndGenGuy
11-27-2006, 09:50 AM
i liked the videos.....plus its ok to show off...you spend all that money for wut...to drive fucking 65 miles a hour? hell no....i say its a good streess releaver...get the adrenaline pumping...lol just imagine it with the a20 swap....lol

Hah well I don't know if I'll be stressing the A20. I actually want that to last a while... Driving fast is another story, it will be driven sufficiently fast. It should have enough power to go fast without stress.

denhonda
11-27-2006, 10:55 AM
:cheers:

Holy^ghost
12-10-2006, 07:42 PM
how much more power did you get out of that weber carb. and how easy is it to install. specs on my beast. 1984 Honda accord. strait pipe no muffler. and 99,970K on the entire car. last person left it in a garage for 10 years. but some one stole the carburetor and i had to use a POS one from a junkyard. but now my gay car stalls when it accelerates and the seals are gone. so i want to know if i should do a rebuild or just go out and buy that K727 weber

MessyHonda
12-10-2006, 07:54 PM
how much more power did you get out of that weber carb. and how easy is it to install. specs on my beast. 1984 Honda accord. strait pipe no muffler. and 99,970K on the entire car. last person left it in a garage for 10 years. but some one stole the carburetor and i had to use a POS one from a junkyard. but now my gay car stalls when it accelerates and the seals are gone. so i want to know if i should do a rebuild or just go out and buy that K727 weber

he did a dyno run and he pumps out like 70whp...woot

Holy^ghost
12-10-2006, 08:08 PM
um woo................... dads van has 258Whp well then again my motor has way less mileage on it so I might pull a little more. also if my engine is a A16 how much HP does it push. let me guess 56hp. with my stupid carb i got my car to pull 160KPH on the highway. with the weber I might get it to do 180KPH

Cheeseburger
12-10-2006, 08:10 PM
wow

MessyHonda
12-10-2006, 08:10 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54713

Cheeseburger
12-10-2006, 08:13 PM
love those vids

MessyHonda
12-10-2006, 08:14 PM
yeah cant wait to finish my car up and take it in.

Cheeseburger
12-10-2006, 08:14 PM
when are u doing it?

MessyHonda
12-10-2006, 08:17 PM
when are u doing it?

im not sure...but i want to put on all my mods....and then take it in...so i can post some numbers insted of guestimating...lol

Cheeseburger
12-10-2006, 08:26 PM
do it before to see ur gains

MessyHonda
12-10-2006, 08:32 PM
do it before to see ur gains

too late...plus i dont want to spend alot of money one time should be good considering almost no one goes. at least since i have been here

Cheeseburger
12-10-2006, 08:39 PM
oh

MessyHonda
12-10-2006, 08:47 PM
yup....

Cheeseburger
12-10-2006, 08:49 PM
eh?

MessyHonda
12-10-2006, 08:55 PM
you canadian!

2ndGenGuy
12-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Umm... yeah so anyways, your Canadian 1.6 liter has probably as much if not more horsepower than my US 1.8 liter. Pretty much all the Canadian engines put out equivalent horsepower because they didn't have all the emission controls or the CVCC.

Your carb is also much simpler, so if you decide to rebuild it, it's probably going to be cheaper than the Weber. I don't know if that Weber kit will work on the Canadian intake manifold or not. You'd probably have to have one made, or make one yourself. It would be really easy to do. I guess to know for sure I'd have to see a Canadian 84 intake manifold.

The Weber won't really give you much for power, but they're more tunable. So if you've got headers or other custom exhaust, you'll get more benefit from it.

Man another Pacific Northwest 2nd gen. This is great!