PDA

View Full Version : Rear Brake Setup

vtecpleasure
05-07-2002, 08:23 AM
Does anyone think that this is actually possible? putting brakes on the back w/ new rotors and all new setup back there??? how mcuh would it run ya?

SWELLS
05-07-2002, 08:51 AM
Anythings possible, I don't know about the price, it would really depend on what you wanted

OldSchoolSwap
05-07-2002, 09:19 AM
Are you talking about rear rotors? The Se-i has them (stock) check the FAQ for more info.
I've done the LX-i rear (drum) convertions to Se-i rear (disk) brakes.

PhydeauX
05-07-2002, 02:45 PM
Depending on where you get the parts it could be as cheap as $50. That would be finding all the parts at a cheap junkyard. You can buy the rotors, bearings, calipers, e-brake cables, lines, and probably the proportioning valve new, but all of that will do you no good with out the brackets and misc hardware that holds the calipers on. Those parts have to be sourced from an SE-i, and they can be tricky to find. Does anyone know if the 88- what ever gen3 preludes disks will work? I know the gen2 lude disks go onto the gen2 accord no problems, and the gen3 ludes rear suspension looks similar to the gen3 accords. So there might be something to go on there, not sure on it though, be nice if someone could look into it.

andy

AccordChemist
05-07-2002, 05:40 PM
would be cool to get the 4-wheel steering from the gen3 prelude...

smufguy
05-08-2002, 08:33 PM
u chage the rear drums to disks, u need the propotioning valve from the same car u got the disks, and get all the lines that go to and from it. u would be set after that.