PDA

View Full Version : Fuses in Head Unit

leonardotmnt
11-23-2006, 02:54 PM
I posted last night about thinking I ruined my amp. It turns out the amp is fine but some of the functions on the head unit don't work any longer and I was wondering if someone could help me out with this. Could sparking the amp while the RCA preouts are connected to the head unit do anything? For some reason the motorized faceplate doesn't come down and the display button to change the display doesn't work. I think something screwed up when I reset the HU but could the RCA preouts have damaged it? Also, are there fuses inside the head unit or is that just a circuit board that would be screwed up? I seem to have a major problem since I bought it off of ebay and it says you have to have it professionally installed to have the warranty which I didn't realize. I don't think I screwed it up so I think they should take it back but any idea what to do about this. I reallllly hope I didn't just screw myself since it was my Christmas present too :( Someone help please. How much might it be to take it to a repair shop to fix if anyone knows too. Thanks a lot.

ghettogeddy
11-23-2006, 03:08 PM
no rca's would not srew it up
the only thing i could think is the deck needs to be eather unpluged for a min or 2 or its messed up and scense the only thing u had pluged into it was the rca's theres no way a spark on the amo would mees it up shit u could have thrown the amp in a bucket of water and all u would have done was blow the inline fuse for the amp

leonardotmnt
11-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Sadly it was already unplugged from my car over night. When you press the button that's supposed to move the faceplate it beeps but it doesn't even make a sound like it's trying to move. I really hope this wasn't just a big waste of money.

ghettogeddy
11-23-2006, 03:27 PM
well have u tryed removing the face plate

leonardotmnt
11-23-2006, 03:31 PM
I don't know how to remove it without the motorized part working. It was the one part I didn't like about it. The last one I had you just pushed a button and it flipped down but this one moves by itself so you need to push the button to make it slide down to remove it that I know of. Could this be a fuse inside or is most like the circuit board? I didn't even know if there were fuses in HUs. Thanks for helping btw.

ghettogeddy
11-23-2006, 03:39 PM
no internal fuse most likely the board this is why i dont like poineer my panisonic cq-c7301u is motorized but u can just push a button on it to take the face plate of plus there only 120 on ebay right now

leonardotmnt
11-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Thanks anyway. I guess I'm just screwed... Unless someone wants to write me a letter saying they're a professional and installed it haha This sucks pretty fucking bad though

2ndGenGuy
11-24-2006, 01:01 PM
I don't see why you coudln't screw up your head unit with the amp. If an IC in the headunit overheats and melts down, it can short the preamp circuit somehwere to a higher power circuit and send high voltage up the preamp wires. If your amp is good though, chances are that you didn't do that and just your head unit is screwed.

ghettogeddy
11-24-2006, 01:11 PM
Thanks anyway. I guess I'm just screwed... Unless someone wants to write me a letter saying they're a professional and installed it haha This sucks pretty fucking bad though
i dont think u need a receipt to show it prof installed if its a manifactures thing all u need is a receipt formt he seller show ing u bought a new product on a certin date befor the manufactures warenty goes out

conozo
11-24-2006, 04:46 PM
im not exactly sure what you have tried here. But to test the head unit, all you need to hook up are the red 12v wire, black ground, and yellow 12v illumination wire.

That illumination wire lights up lights on your faceplate and also might make the motors work.

Also, are there any boxes on the wires such as the yellow or red one, if so there is probably a fuse in there that might be blown.

Other than those things, most likely there is one fuse on the outside of the headunit and if there are any internal ones they may not be easy to replace.

MessyHonda
11-24-2006, 09:08 PM
i dont think u need a receipt to show it prof installed if its a manifactures thing all u need is a receipt formt he seller show ing u bought a new product on a certin date befor the manufactures warenty goes out

he can always call and ask....like i said retail is so much better...and it you get it at price...its a good deal.

Civic Accord Honda
11-26-2006, 11:16 PM
if its still not fixed i might be abil to fix i know how to fix radios

MessyHonda
11-26-2006, 11:22 PM
if its still not fixed i might be abil to fix i know how to fix radios

too bad you cant fix mine...i should sell it for cheap after i find a replacement one.

ghettogeddy
11-26-2006, 11:24 PM
too bad you cant fix mine...i should sell it for cheap after i find a replacement one.
whats wrong with your's

Civic Accord Honda
11-26-2006, 11:26 PM
i can porbloy fix just tell me whats worng with it

MessyHonda
11-26-2006, 11:33 PM
im talking about my alpine deck...the internal amp is going out...i called alpine and they told me since i didnt buy it at a athorized alpine store i cant get warranty....i paid like 180 for it....so i was pissed.

ghettogeddy
11-26-2006, 11:35 PM
so its just the internal amp how many out puts does it have like front rear sub

MessyHonda
11-26-2006, 11:39 PM
so its just the internal amp how many out puts does it have like front rear sub

it just has subs out...i was talking to monkey cuz he has a very similar deck and he said i should get a high pass someshit so i can hook it up to a 4 ch amp.

Civic Accord Honda
11-26-2006, 11:42 PM
i think i can fix it for you my friend did the same thing and i fixed it for him and my geo did the same and i fixed it

MessyHonda
11-26-2006, 11:47 PM
i think i can fix it for you my friend did the same thing and i fixed it for him and my geo did the same and i fixed it

cool il talk to you on aim about it...i need to take it out so i can check it out.

Civic Accord Honda
11-26-2006, 11:49 PM
yup

ghettogeddy
11-27-2006, 12:04 AM
well with an amp going out it would be best to replace it not fix it lol and its wierd that it only has a sub out and not front and rear and i hi pass output will only work if the internal amp works

Cheeseburger
11-27-2006, 12:10 AM
im talking about my alpine deck...the internal amp is going out...i called alpine and they told me since i didnt buy it at a athorized alpine store i cant get warranty....i paid like 180 for it....so i was pissed.

that blows

MessyHonda
11-27-2006, 12:13 AM
well with an amp going out it would be best to replace it not fix it lol and its wierd that it only has a sub out and not front and rear and i hi pass output will only work if the internal amp works

oh man that sucks...il just sell it cheap then...after i get a better deck...

Civic Accord Honda
11-27-2006, 12:15 AM
how much u want for it then?

MessyHonda
11-27-2006, 12:31 AM
how much u want for it then?

80 plus shipping...its mp3 and i like it...first real stereo i bought with my own money.