PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR PROPOSITION for anyone with about an hour free time and a spare bumper.........

HondaManDan
09-02-2002, 03:31 PM
alright.. i posted something on this once.. and so did someone else... but here we go.

Someone has been saying that it is possible to put an 88-89 Honda Prelude front end on an 88-89 Honda Accord.

Other people say that it is IMPOSSIBLE to do this.

AHYHOO... SOMEONE... ANYONE PLEASE can you go to a junkyard or you friend who owns a lude's house... and just take it off and try to put it on a junk, or your, 3gee??? please... just so we can finaly settle this.

some companies like VIS Racing and others make kits for the 88-91 lude and they look a lot like the Accords, but we dont wanna go spend 500 bucks to find out we need to spend 400 in mounting mods... so can someone PLEASE go rip off some bumpers and try to slap a Prelude on an Acccord? Thank you very much.. and if you accomplish/dont accomplish this TAKE PICS!!!!
thanks again.

roni-sei
09-02-2002, 03:38 PM
dude i have seen it done once in the housing project but had no time to ask who it belongs too

HondaManDan
09-02-2002, 03:45 PM
nice... i need to find out for sure though... like cold hard proof... cuz if im gonna spend 400-500 bucks i want it to fit

dXsquared
09-02-2002, 03:49 PM
i own a 86 lude that is junk.
i would try it but i dont have an accord no more... my accord was a hb too so that wouldnt be good.
Travis

HondaManDan
09-02-2002, 03:54 PM
hmm... wanna rip off the front bumper and measure it for me ?

3rdGenMartyr
09-02-2002, 09:21 PM
if its the kit im thinking of, I emailed visracing and they said it would have to be modded too much to make it work

88LXiHB
09-02-2002, 09:53 PM
IBMSI :wave:

HondaManDan
09-03-2002, 03:54 PM
oh... fuck it.. oh well

Twisted 87lxi
09-03-2002, 10:09 PM
argh, my friend has an 86 lude for $250, i was considering buying it, and maybe now I will just so that I can do this and kill the never ending question. I will probably see what else can be converted to our cars.....itll take me about 2 months to come up w/ the money (already $585 in debt) but I think i'm going to do it. I'll keep you guys posted.

YK86
09-03-2002, 11:08 PM
The 86 Lude would have a bumper that pretty much looks the same as ours and their selection of body kits is just like ours.

2Fast_Fiero
09-04-2002, 12:19 AM
I own a 1987 Honda Accord LX-i, I just shoved my mom and dad out the door to do something in town, they were gone most of the day, but anyways. My dad owns a 1988 Honda Prelude Si, And the STOCK front/rear bumpers fit our car, just like I said the rear bumper would be a lil short when you matched it up to the mounts and the fender well, but it looked kinda cool, but yet kinda cheasy because it was a white bumper on a silver car and also my dad's front bumper side mounts are broke so I couldn't realy mount the sides up, but I did put a block under it to hold the sides up and it worked, I don't see why ViSRacing would tell you it wouldn't work when I just proved them wrong, if I can shove thier asses out of the house again, I will do it again cause my bumpers aren't on the car yet, I didn't have time to put them back on, I just told my parents that I had to remove them to work on the car, but I will take pictures for you all to see, I feel as if I'm going to buy the 88-89 Lude's EREBUNI body kit or the 88-89 Honda Accord's Xenon Body kit for my car.

down2earth
09-05-2002, 04:51 PM
yo for all of u trying to this stupid mod do me a favor check out ludespeed.com n see the kit they make n i guarantee u guys all will buy that n slap it on the accords 3 gens once this dilema of it fitting is solved.

gr3k0sLaV
09-05-2002, 06:35 PM
the kit comes from australia,