PDA

View Full Version : corner lamp bulbs

87accordlx
09-02-2002, 03:50 PM
hi guys i got a nOOb question here, how do you change the bulbs in the front corner lights (beside the headlights) i can see the bulb plg but it is in a hard to reach spot

thanks
scott

dXsquared
09-02-2002, 03:53 PM
one of mine was broken so i just cut the other one and made custom smoked caps for those. i could change each bulb in about 5 mins. it looked bad but i had red one day blue the next and green too.
Travis

86AccordLxi
09-02-2002, 04:00 PM
Flip up the headlights, and you'll see the indentation in the sidemarker for two screws. Take a philips and follow the indentation, and pull out the screws. Once you do that, the entire sidemarker will come out (indicator and the front corner lights). Then just swap the bulb and put it back together. Watch those screws too, because mine have a habit of coming loose every now and then; maybe it's just me.

Alex

88LXiHB
09-02-2002, 06:14 PM
And FYI, those little bulbs can get DAMN hot...

DBMaster
09-03-2002, 06:20 AM
The black plastic cover with the holes to access the screws actually retains them so you should not have a problem with them falling out. After you take the screws out you only pull the light away from the car a tiny bit and then pull it toward the front of the car to disengage the to plastic posts in the back.

I replaced my frontmost clear bulbs with 8W halogen bulbs (readily available) and they show up a lot better.

87accordlx
09-03-2002, 12:47 PM
where do you guys get these little halogen bulbs? none of my local auto parts stores carry them

AZmike
09-03-2002, 03:48 PM
I got mine at Autozone for a few bucks. Are you looking for smoked bulbs, or can you not find the right size in a standard clear bulb?