PDA

View Full Version : Interior lights not working...fuse???

KrazyKlown
11-27-2006, 03:26 PM
I did a search, did not find what I'm looking for. On my 87 Lxi, It seems all myi nterior lights and trunk light (if I have one) do not work. I checked the fusebox and there is no fuse for "interior", unless I missed something. This car is new to me so I need a little help please. I checked the bulbs, seems ok. Oh, and the cig lighter 12v no worky too. Any input for this newb would be appreciated!!!

BITESIZE
11-27-2006, 03:35 PM
Do your tail lights work?

Legend_master
11-27-2006, 03:36 PM
I did a search, did not find what I'm looking for. On my 87 Lxi, It seems all myi nterior lights and trunk light (if I have one) do not work. I checked the fusebox and there is no fuse for "interior", unless I missed something. This car is new to me so I need a little help please. I checked the bulbs, seems ok. Oh, and the cig lighter 12v no worky too. Any input for this newb would be appreciated!!!

its in the fusebox under the hood, they labled it interior lights and it is a 15.

KrazyKlown
11-27-2006, 04:11 PM
yup, tailights work. fusebox under the hood?? where in the engine compartment is it located? I thought the one under the dash was it. I'll check that.... thanks!!!!

Legend_master
11-27-2006, 04:14 PM
yup, tailights work. fusebox under the hood?? where in the engine compartment is it located? I thought the one under the dash was it. I'll check that.... thanks!!!!

Right here

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/IntakeB-series2-1.jpg?t=1164672875

KrazyKlown
11-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Damn, right in front of my face!!! hahaha, I'll check it out when I leave work. Thanks Legend Master...

KrazyKlown
11-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Well, that did the trick! I now have interior lights!

Accord88LX
11-27-2006, 09:30 PM
do your door lights work? (I have a 4 door, but none of my 4 door lights light up, but thanks to the people here i figured out why my interior roof light and trunk light wouldnt work, i had a blown fuse, but my 4 door lights still wont light up) just wondering if your having that problem too?

KrazyKlown
11-27-2006, 09:46 PM
do your door lights work? (I have a 4 door, but none of my 4 door lights light up, but thanks to the people here i figured out why my interior roof light and trunk light wouldnt work, i had a blown fuse, but my 4 door lights still wont light up) just wondering if your having that problem too?
Nope, that 1 fuse lit up everything. Before there was nothing, doors included.

Accord88LX
11-28-2006, 06:50 AM
Nope, that 1 fuse lit up everything. Before there was nothing, doors included.
hmm...uh oh. I see I have a problem. :thumbdn:

Legend_master
11-28-2006, 07:07 AM
hmm...uh oh. I see I have a problem. :thumbdn:

Its probally the bulbs or the sensor that tell the door is open.

Accord88LX
11-28-2006, 07:09 AM
Its probally the bulbs or the sensor that tell the door is open.
Ill check that as soon as I get home, had to drive the mustang to school this morning, the accord is in the shop for an oil change, will check back this afternoon, thanks LM

POS carb
11-28-2006, 02:20 PM
interior lights are fed by the under-hood fuse #13. This goes under the dash as a white/blue wire which is then distributed as follows:

LF,RF,LR,RR doors - grounded by the door switches
Trunk light - gnd by trunk latch
Ignition key light - GND by a timer in the Integral Control Unit (the beeper box under the radio)
Dome light - gnd by switch to chassis (ON) or to the gauge cluster safety indicator (DOOR)
Cigarette lighter - gnd to chassis

Check:
eng fuse #13
check for power to the cigarette lighter
check the connection in the trunk by the rear pax speaker (2-pin, one of the wires is WHT/BLU)
it is very rare that ALL of these items stop working at once unless the #13 fuse is blown/corroded or the wiring is damaged

Legend_master
11-28-2006, 02:23 PM
interior lights are fed by the under-hood fuse #13. This goes under the dash as a white/blue wire which is then distributed as follows:
LF,RF,LR,RR doors - grounded by the door switches
Trunk light - gnd by trunk latch
Ignition key light - GND by a timer in the Integral Control Unit (the beeper box under the radio)
Dome light - gnd by switch to chassis (ON) or to the gauge cluster safety indicator (DOOR)
Cigarette lighter - gnd to chassis
Check:
eng fuse #13
check for power to the cigarette lighter
check the connection in the trunk by the rear pax speaker (2-pin, one of the wires is WHT/BLU)
it is very rare that ALL of these items stop working at once unless the #13 fuse is blown/corroded or the wiring is damaged

But his overhead lights work, if it was the #13 fuse wouldn't all the interior lights be out?

KrazyKlown
11-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Thats what the case was with me. All lights were out. Trunk, dome, all 4 doors. Soon as I put a new fuse in it all worked. Did not check the cig lighter yet though.

Accord88LX
11-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Yeah.

Before I replaced number 13, all 4 doors, dome and trunk light did not work. Didnt check the cig lighter because the dummy that had it before me was trying to remove it and its all jacked up now, i still haev the pieces but dont know exactly what wires go to what on the cig lighter to get it working correctly again, but thats a whole nother question.

I replaced number 13 under the hood, and my dome and trunk lights came on, but none of my door lights work.

Also, it might be connected, but the little car visual that shows you what doors/lid or whatever is open (the thing that lights up when you open a door and it shows what it open with a red bar in the right bottom corner) nothing lights up on that when its open and the accord is running, the only thing that it shows correctly is the trunk lid when its opened, if the doors and trunk lid are open, the trunk lid is the only thing that lights up on that, the doors dont. The passenger front door did the first time i got it, but I havent seen it light up since, the rest never lit up since day 1.

I think I need serious help :( sorry to hijack this thread!

KrazyKlown
11-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Yeah.
Before I replaced number 13, all 4 doors, dome and trunk light did not work. Didnt check the cig lighter because the dummy that had it before me was trying to remove it and its all jacked up now, i still haev the pieces but dont know exactly what wires go to what on the cig lighter to get it working correctly again, but thats a whole nother question.
I replaced number 13 under the hood, and my dome and trunk lights came on, but none of my door lights work.
Also, it might be connected, but the little car visual that shows you what doors/lid or whatever is open (the thing that lights up when you open a door and it shows what it open with a red bar in the right bottom corner) nothing lights up on that when its open and the accord is running, the only thing that it shows correctly is the trunk lid when its opened, if the doors and trunk lid are open, the trunk lid is the only thing that lights up on that, the doors dont. The passenger front door did the first time i got it, but I havent seen it light up since, the rest never lit up since day 1.
I think I need serious help :( sorry to hijack this thread!

Its ok, I got my fix, now we can work on yours.....:cheers:

POS carb
11-29-2006, 01:31 PM
there is an individual wire running from each door switch to the gauge cluster that tells the gauge that the door is open.
It is strange that your trunk indicator works...
I think you have a disconnected wiring harness somewhere by the dash fuse box, I am going to try and duplicate the problem tonight.

I have wiring diagrams for all the circuits, but what sucks is nothing tells me where the wires run through the body

Somehow I ended up with 3 extra wires on the passenger side, I think maybe it is for LXi trim (hoping! everything else seems to work)

stocklxi
11-29-2006, 05:51 PM
i have a very similar problem, no dome/door/trunk lights work, #13 is not blown, and the door indicator it seems like it only works when it wants to.

Accord88LX
11-30-2006, 04:58 PM
i have a very similar problem, no dome/door/trunk lights work, #13 is not blown, and the door indicator it seems like it only works when it wants to.
glad to know its not just my accord doing this, tomorrow after school im going to look at the doors and stuff again and try and piece something together. Still think its weird my trunk indicator lights up when its open, but the doors dont, and the lights in the doors dont work. Im thinking loose or damaged wiring or soemthing to that nature?

njpeter
01-24-2007, 04:58 PM
my problem ( on teh new daily) is the dash lights..not the behind the guages, but those under the cowl..can't see the needles...no crusie control on light either..doubt it's a fuse..anybody ever run into all those bulbs burning out?..I just can't get under the dashboard ( my disc..yanno) I have the electrical supplement ( that shows the lcoation of all harnesess, but I think it's something else..can't see the gas/temp/speedo needles at night..really sucks

shepherd79
01-24-2007, 05:25 PM
you probably have burned light bulb. remove the gauge cover and you should be able to get to all the lights.

njpeter
01-25-2007, 04:36 PM
i Just checked the big ole silver book, I had pretty much forgotten how to pull the speedo out..it's been _that long_..odd that those two bulbs are out when all ther others are shiny..maybe they'll be missing or something equally as silly ( somebody pulled the a/c belt, but the system still has pressure..wonder what that is going to bring..going to have to wait a few months to find out, and take a pile of vicadin before I get under there I actually broke down and bought a creeper last year as a "I'm finished with therapy" gift at least at can get up from a chair now without screaming like I just dropped a rim on my foot)

Oldblueaccord
01-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Dont forget there a cover on top of the dash that you can get to alotta of the bulbs in the cluster from the back. Look thru the windshield onto the dash you well see it.

wp

njpeter
01-27-2007, 05:50 AM
thanks, I'll have a look in there first..be a nice quick fix since it's the top illumination bulbs that are out.

njpeter
01-27-2007, 09:55 AM
the two cluster illumination lamps were out (strangejust those two), had to end up pulling the bezel trim, no big deal, you can only get to the warning lights from the top cover, and my fingers are too old and fat to deal with that in any case..I'll fix the oil pressure light on the gray ghost next weekend... Had to get the bulbs from one of the junkers..no telling what the dealers want for those little peanuts.

fixed that horrid idle problem also, old blue bertha is "blubbling" now at low idle (for you injection freaks a blubble(tm) is the sound of the carbed engines air injector at idle speeds, it's one sign that the idle control system is working, the frequency valves are also now happily clicking away) All it took was a cam of gumout carb cleaner and an hour to track down the old dried out hoses that were leaking. One of these days I'll have a fuel injected one...(or put that brand new oem ( not kidding) carb I have on the shelf into one of the cars...but for now..crawling in slow traffic will be a pleasure again with a nice smooth steady idle. can't wait for my new cd player/changer to show up.

we're likely the only folks outside the dealers crew ( and old dealer crew at that) who have a clue about how the ICS actually works..the previous owner of this car must have made several attempts to get it "fixed", I had to reset the idle and timing after it was all said and done.

anyhow I can get my neo MP3 player and my hands free cell phone set in the new daily driver now and I should be all set of a bit. New timing belt when things warm up a bit, unless I can find out when the last change was. The engine has no oil leaks and the cover does have signs of being removed, so I'll "assume" it was done on time, so the current one my have 20-30k on it.