PDA

View Full Version : went into the ditch, and was towed from several places, now its whistling somewhere

newaccorddriver
11-28-2006, 04:01 PM
well, my BMW went into a ditch, and had to be towed out. a guy suggested that it gets towed by the wheels out in an attempt, so we tried doing it to both the drivers side wheels. that didnt seem to work. then a guy i work near with a huge forklift hooked up to the rear sway bar and got me out. since i didnt have the tow hook attachment for some reason, there was nothing else i could actually do. once i got out, i felt that my suspension had been screwed up from going into the ditch, nothing an alignment wont fix(going for that tomorrow).

i went into the ditch last night, when i was going to work this morning, and coming back home, i noticed a high pitched whistling sound coming from somewhere, but i couldnt pin point it. its not constant at all, and when it happens, its very noticable. it doesnt happen when i hit the gas, or let off, or brake or anything, it just comes and goes as it pleases basically. can anyone give me any insights to this? its happened to a 2003 BMW 325XI(AWD model). i know its not an accord, but thats not really the case, so please be kind. im giving this car to my dad once insurance expires and the body damage is fixed, so i need to figure this out ASAP.

i figured its possibly the wheel bearing that took the brute force of trying to be towed, but im not sure as its not consistent. i figured if it was, then the sound would be constant and get worse as i drive.

when the guy with the forklift got me out, he hooked onto the sway bar and pulled on that to get me out. doesnt look damaged in any way, only a clip and rubber insulator went out of place, and would be replaced. its all getting inspected tomorrow, so ill know for sure if its fubared.

in the highly unlikely event, it could possibly be just me hearing things. it is quite windy, so maybe thats it? anyways, i dont be sure if itll make a high pitched whistle, but i cant say for sure.

i know what im writing seems to be all over the place, but im very confused right now, and everythings coming at me at the same time

MessyHonda
11-28-2006, 04:21 PM
you got to drive more slower...i thought you got a rolla for a beater?

newaccorddriver
11-28-2006, 04:53 PM
you got to drive more slower...i thought you got a rolla for a beater?

drive slower? the ice pulled me into the ditch while i was going 30km/h, several other cars were in the ditch once i got pulled out and was driving home. the corolla will be driven starting on the 10th as insurance for the BMW ends at that time.

MessyHonda
11-28-2006, 05:01 PM
drive slower? the ice pulled me into the ditch while i was going 30km/h, several other cars were in the ditch once i got pulled out and was driving home. the corolla will be driven starting on the 10th as insurance for the BMW ends at that time.

sorry about that...:violin:

POS carb
11-29-2006, 01:38 PM
make sure the disk brake dust shield is not bent in and scraping the brake

twofast4u
11-30-2006, 05:35 AM
Did you say you pulled it from the front? It would screw up something as it is AWD wont it?

newaccorddriver
11-30-2006, 05:05 PM
it was towed through the rear sway bar