PDA

View Full Version : low rpm no power

Vector
11-29-2006, 11:05 AM
i know i know, this is alittle newer than a 3g but i'd rather ask here first before i have to sign up somewhere else to ask 1 question. so if anyone can help me it would be muchly appreciated.

i have a 94 ex-r w/f22(b i think) auto.

when the car is cold it drives normal, lots of power. but as soon as it warms up any rpm under 4000 its bad, absolutly no power, sometimes i have to manually shift to 1 just to get the rpm up enough for me to accelerate.

can a o2 sensor cause this? i've check the other sensors except the o2.

what happened was tom(friend of mine was driving it) water pump went, and it overheated pretty bad(past red). so we fixed that, but now it back its been doing this. there is no cel, and the diagnostic computer i used didnt pull any codes.

i understand if no one can help me. but i hope someone could confirm/put me in the right direction if they know...

thanks for your time.

Oldblueaccord
11-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Well i dont have a problem you asking here prolly should have a section for it really but then there be no room for all the chit chat post on here :bong:

a 94 ex-r w/f22(b i think) auto.

I have no idea what this is or what car but maybe the catilytic converter is plugged or bad and as it warms up it gets worse.The other thing is some times warm auto trannies like to slip and be real sluggish before they blow. Just a guess.

wp

jonrichert
11-29-2006, 03:04 PM
possible the catalytic converter clogged from overheating, that's the only bogging symptom i can think of. have you pulled the plugs on it chris?

Legend_master
11-29-2006, 04:20 PM
I just had a very similar problem with my car (both obd-1) and after much (I do mean much) deliberation it was the O2 sensor. Try pulling the sensor and spraying it down with brake cleaner. If that doesnt fix the problem then you need to get a new one.

Vector
11-29-2006, 05:35 PM
thanks guys, doubt the cat is plugged, because at around 4k rpm it will pick up and start to haul ass, also when its cold, like in the morning first start of the day, you can drive it normal for about 5 min (or till temp is just under quarter) then it starts to act up.

I've measured the o2 sensor and i think its the problem, throws a constant reading of 990mv according to my multi and doesn't change when i rev the engine up.

so tomorrow i think i will know for sure as i ordered a brand spanking new one.

thnx for the replies.