PDA

View Full Version : pinch fork mod...

Jasonf860
11-30-2006, 05:07 AM
The link no worky.... I'm hating having my car level. I wanna drop the front 1/4-1/2 inch to help with the understeer and this seems the best way to do it... Can someone help me out here?

Legend_master
11-30-2006, 08:13 AM
here you go

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24453&highlight=fork

Jasonf860
11-30-2006, 08:30 AM
Thanks Legend!

AZmike
11-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Why do you think changing the pinch fork will reduce understeer?

Jasonf860
11-30-2006, 11:07 AM
By making the front lower than the back, it helps to reduce understeer by lowering the center of gravity in the front of the vehicle and also raising the rear center of gravity. basically making it easier for the rear to "come around" instead of it pushing.

Vanilla Sky
11-30-2006, 01:04 PM
the way i'm looking at it, it would increase understeer, not reduce it.

MessyHonda
11-30-2006, 01:31 PM
just get lx-i or aftermarket sway bars

Jasonf860
11-30-2006, 02:25 PM
just get lx-i or aftermarket sway bars
I already have LX-I sway bars. Honda designed both the lx and the LX-I to have equal understeer. the LX_I only corners flatter. The best way to get rid of the understeer as mentioned in other threads, is to use the factory lx front bar and add the LX-I rear. That stiffens up the rear enough to get rid of most of the understeer.

Jasonf860
11-30-2006, 02:29 PM
the way i'm looking at it, it would increase understeer, not reduce it.
How would you come across that? By lowering the center of gravity on your vehicle it provides better handling. If you only lower one side front or back, it will allow that part to get more grip. The higher rear end will tend to rotate easier since it has a higher center of gravity. Also, if you run lower air pressure in the rear (minimum for tire) and higher in the front (Maximum rating for tire) it helps reduce it as well. Example: http://rogerkrausracing.com/overundr.html

MessyHonda
11-30-2006, 04:11 PM
I already have LX-I sway bars. Honda designed both the lx and the LX-I to have equal understeer. the LX_I only corners flatter. The best way to get rid of the understeer as mentioned in other threads, is to use the factory lx front bar and add the LX-I rear. That stiffens up the rear enough to get rid of most of the understeer.

ok get an aftermarket rear sway bar...i have the regular dx sway bar up front and a lx-i sway bar in the back...it handles very good...i changed out my shocks so yeah...wait till you get your tokicos...you will like em

Jasonf860
11-30-2006, 04:24 PM
ok get an aftermarket rear sway bar...i have the regular dx sway bar up front and a lx-i sway bar in the back...it handles very good...i changed out my shocks so yeah...wait till you get your tokicos...you will like em
Yeah, i ran it with the lx in front and lx-i bar in the rear for a week then decided to try the lx-i bar up front. I really like the flatter cornering of the LX-i bar up front, but i agree, I will be looking into a bigger rear bar. Perhaps the vigor one if i can find one somewhere...

MessyHonda
11-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Yeah, i ran it with the lx in front and lx-i bar in the rear for a week then decided to try the lx-i bar up front. I really like the flatter cornering of the LX-i bar up front, but i agree, I will be looking into a bigger rear bar. Perhaps the vigor one if i can find one somewhere...

yeah i heard about that....i did all the searching but yeah its just better to get the aftermarket one cuz it comes with poly bushings and its nice and thick...hehe

Jasonf860
12-01-2006, 04:39 AM
yeah i heard about that....i did all the searching but yeah its just better to get the aftermarket one cuz it comes with poly bushings and its nice and thick...hehe
Yeah, but lets put it this way... If you could get the Vigor rear bar for $20, or the ST rear bar for $134, what would you go with? I'm sure the ST bar offers better handling as it's slightly thicker, but $ for $ I'd say the Vigor bar is more bang for the buck.

Jasonf860
12-01-2006, 04:39 AM
Just some good suspension reading....
http://www.autozine.org/technical_school/handling/tech_handling_4.htm

MessyHonda
12-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Yeah, but lets put it this way... If you could get the Vigor rear bar for $20, or the ST rear bar for $134, what would you go with? I'm sure the ST bar offers better handling as it's slightly thicker, but $ for $ I'd say the Vigor bar is more bang for the buck.

do the vigor bars fit...if so wut year?

Jasonf860
12-05-2006, 06:06 AM
Well, the Acura Vigor only sold for 3 years, 92-95. they did make some slight changes in the 95 year, but nothing crazy so I'd say they would all fit, but in the 95 most of the changes were suspension related to give it a softer ride so I'd err on the side that earlier is better. I am currently looking for a 92-93 rear bar from a Vigor, when I find one and fit it, I'll post and let everyone know once and for all if it works or not.

Oldblueaccord
12-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Not answering your question but you can mess with the tire sizes to get the stagger you want just to try it out. If your feeling real frisky get a cheap set of rear tires tread wear about 300+ and about 1/2 to an inch taller and some real soft,200 tread wear or lower, smaller fronts and give me a ring a ling back. Watch it it the rain its hard to drive the rear on a fwd car :rockon: .

wp

Jasonf860
12-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Well, I know that having the front lower does help. I had the front set about 3/4 inch lower when I had the coilovers. It didn't get rid of it completely, but it did help some. I'd say I am close to neutral now with my set up, so if I drop the front a half inch or so, it should be right where I want it.