PDA

View Full Version : cold start

Fuzy Navel
11-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Ok I have a brand new battery and new ground cable and new battery ends the black and red ones whatever you call those and I have a new alternator and for some reason im not getting enough power like when im driving down the road and have wind sheild whipers on they run fine but when I stop they slow down like half the speed and when i started the car today it almost didnt start and its like 30 out and frozen over and stuff Do you think i need a bigger battery? or just check all my grounds and postive wires?? I think its only a 650 cold cranking amps i didnt have the money to buy a big battery at the time...

shepherd79
11-30-2006, 12:43 PM
what kind oil did you use last time you did the oil change?
if the oil is too thick, the engine will turn a lot slower the colder it gets.
in the winter you can drive on 5w30, but in the summer i would go with 10w40. also, when the car running, check the voltage on the battery. it should be 14.4V or somewhere near that. if the voltage is too low, your battery won't be charging.
650 cca is stock replacement. I would recomend 850 cca or higher if you can fit.

Fuzy Navel
11-30-2006, 03:49 PM
I will check the battery and voltage after this stupid storm goes away its sleting really hard right now