PDA

View Full Version : Gas guage not reading accurate...

KrazyKlown
11-30-2006, 12:37 PM
This seems silly, but I filled it up the other day and the gas guage read just over 3/4 tank and not "full". It does work cause I've seen it go down over the past week and it took 13+ gallons to fill it up. Any idea's as how to adjust it?? :dunno:

shepherd79
11-30-2006, 12:46 PM
there is no adjustment. you have to replace fuel sending unit. it is in fuel tank on the passenger side. it is easy to get to it.
just grab one from junk yard if you don't want to pay big bucks for a new one.

KrazyKlown
11-30-2006, 01:00 PM
there is no adjustment. you have to replace fuel sending unit. it is in fuel tank on the passenger side. it is easy to get to it.
just grab one from junk yard if you don't want to pay big bucks for a new one.

How do I get to it exactly? Only had this car a week, 1st Accord!!

MessyHonda
11-30-2006, 01:28 PM
its in the trunk.. you can fold the rear seats down and its going to be on the passanger side. under a round lid

KrazyKlown
11-30-2006, 01:36 PM
its in the trunk.. you can fold the rear seats down and its going to be on the passanger side. under a round lid

Hmmm, I'll try that!! Thanks fellas! :rockon:

HondaBoy
11-30-2006, 01:55 PM
yeah, very easy to change the sending unit out. its in the trunk, right behind the back seat under a metal cap thing. on the right, passenger side of the car. but yeah, go to a junk yard if you can to get one because a new one is going to cost close to $100. you should be able to get a used one for something like $20.