PDA

View Full Version : Had to changed my addvance diaphram and was confronted wit more problems!

NYnica001
11-30-2006, 06:54 PM
:wtf: ( Note 88 Accord LX Sedan Carb A/T) Hi guy's this might be kinda long confuseing and complicated so bare with me please its an emergency. First to start off i had a battery problem about two months back, i got both alternator and batteries from advance so i changed to die hard and got the alternator from NAPA witch i heard where beter every thing was fine and dandy, Now getting to the diaphragm problem the original had been cracked off when i sent to get my tranny Fixed. So i Jb Welded it and it was working fine for about a year and a bit more till last week when it snaped again and there was nothing i could do to salvige it, so i went ta a U PICK (junk yard) and baged a nother so, i go home remove the the distibutor take out the old DP Vac and to my luck the pin goes flying off thinking i had a nother i checked i pocket and the one from the yard was in some bad luck way also gone so intalled it any way just like that i put every thing back (note my battery was dead i mean Dead before i was gonna replace it) so when i get the boost to start it . It start all fine and dandy go to a friends house go bye something leave it on just in case ane whene i go to tourn my head lights on tha dash board lights wont come on ok i sead a fuse no big seal after wards i go back home next day the battery is dead again.(Note New Battery And Alternator)So My headlights would come on but just one brighter than the other after none and the center clock did not Dim when doing thins. So thats the situation so far Please give me some pointers or il be fired verry soon unless i somehow get money for a more easy 96 Corolla.P.S i Really love MY accord and would like to completly restore it some day like in overhauling but i cant take this no more for now it too Much Thanks NYN from MIA

EricW
11-30-2006, 07:48 PM
You need to use more punctuation please. It gets hard to read at the end.

I basically got that you replaced the diaphragm on the distributor and your also having trouble with the battery going dead even though you have a new battery and alternator.

NYnica001
11-30-2006, 08:50 PM
yes yes thats basicly it and sorry for tha spelling im kinda trying to fix this soon and was spelling in a rush i got im on both MSN and Yahoo on the same screen name if you could tell me or Email me some asistance Thanks!

A20A1
12-01-2006, 05:04 AM
Souonds like there is a short draining your battery... like a positive cable bleeding power somewhere.

I'm no good at traking down electrical problems, I'll let someone else handle this.

shepherd79
12-01-2006, 08:20 AM
have you installed audio system recently?
what have you installed very recently?
check your ground cables. make sure there is enought of them and make sure they are conected nice and tight.
check your voltage when the car is running. just because you got alternator from NAPA doesn't mean it can't be defective.
that is all i have for now.