PDA

View Full Version : Question on Engine parts.

theBeline
09-02-2002, 09:15 PM
What does this mean???

G) Engine harness.
NOTE: JDM engine harnesses are made for right-hand drive cars. It can not be used in a U.S. car, as far as plug n' play. RHD harnesses are only useful for their plugs and extra wiring.

This is the whole speal from jdmhondaparts.com about their engines...

• Engine packages come with the following parts...

A) Complete Engine.
NOTE: Complete Head, block, intake + exhaust manifolds, all sensors, distributor, injectors, alternator, starter, throttlebody, fuel rail, small bolts n' brackets etc., and any other extra parts like AC compressor, intake tube are free. If these extra/free parts are broken in any shape form or fashion, JHP.COM does not replace them.

B) ECU.
C) Transmission w/clutch components (assembled to engine).
D) Axles + Intermediate shaft.
E) Shift linkage.
F) Stock OEM engine mounts.

NOTE: Engine packages DO NOT come with bolt-in kits such as the HASport mount kit.

G) Engine harness.
NOTE: JDM engine harnesses are made for right-hand drive cars. It can not be used in a U.S. car, as far as plug n' play. RHD harnesses are only useful for their plugs and extra wiring.

• Longblocks are this: head and shortblock only. That means no ecu, no axles, no shift linkage, no transmission, no engine harness, no clutch components; unless you have something worked out w/ Sheng.

• Engines have approx. 20-60,000 KM depending on the engine's manufactured year, purchased.

• Any extra/free parts that come with an engine such as an A/C compressor, power steering pump, etc., are not replaceable if found broken or not working. This rule applies to any sensors found broken also.

• Engines are sold in AS-IS condition. No refunds or exchanges.

Am I going to get fucked over buying a B18C engine from them? They are charging something like $5500 plus $400 for the tranny and LSD plus shiping and handling. Is there cheaper? What the hell are they talking about, oh, and where do I find engin mounts for a B18C to drop into my 86 Accord LXi?

theBeline
09-03-2002, 07:38 PM
ok, now this bugs me, would anyone like to answer this for me???

YK86
09-03-2002, 11:01 PM
1)Visit other boards that have lots of members that deal with swaps and ask around and see what kind of feedback you hear about the seller.
2)If that is the only place you looked, I would look around some more and get some more prices. E-bay is a good place to look too but beware of scammers (only buy from sellers with a good rating)
3)Look at the thread titled "Read this before you ask anything" at the top of this section.
4)As for your "what does this mean" question, it's pretty much straight forward. It just talks about what parts they will warranty and what you should expect to get. The harness part just warns you that right hand drive cars and left hand drive cars use different wiring harnesses so you'll have to do your own wiring.