PDA

View Full Version : power window main

2oodoor
12-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Ok, I dont have access today to my schematic software. We all went out in the Accord today and coming home up the driveway I always hit the windows up one at a time. Well my wife and my daughter both decided they would hit thier window up switches at the same time I was hitting master switch up. Something blew out, now only the drivers window works. I have tried main switch on drivers door panel and it makes no difference. Only drivers window works now. I dont know where to start, all the fuses under the hood are good. I am going to have to get the two on the passenger side up somehow before it rains tommorrow.

2oodoor
12-02-2006, 07:25 PM
wow, ok I see
well I had to get the other two windows up so I commenced to taking off the drivers door pull with the switch assy, I got the three screws out and it still would not budge. I really did not have time to take the whole door panel off, I would rather put together the other honda door panels which are off for trim work, Any how, I happend to try it again and SOB it worked, I did not do anything to fix it.musta been some sort of circuit breaker.

2oodoor
12-03-2006, 11:59 AM
moderator feel free to delete this thread, it is dead time it hit the water, and reasolved the issue with no prognosis actually.

88Accord-DX
12-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Well, if you wanted to get the windows up, you can take the door panels off & put 12 volts straight to the window motors off of a battery. Might have to reverse polarity to get it up or down. (but don't seem like you want to mess with it)

88Accord-DX
double post

88Accord-DX
Ohh, with this triple post, looks like he fixed it. :uh:

2oodoor
12-03-2006, 01:10 PM
Well, if you wanted to get the windows up, you can take the door panels off & put 12 volts straight to the window motors off of a battery. Might have to reverse polarity to get it up or down. (but don't seem like you want to mess with it)
Oh yea I know, I just did not want to break open more work here, I already had the door panels off over on the civic, working on door locks and window too.....I would better use my time to finish that and drive it til I could get around to the accord, I could park it under the carport for rain meanwhile, But, it fixed itself for now. There must be a circuit breaker inside the door module, cause I checked all fuses and relays, unplugged relays to depolarize them, still it did not work. Went back to take off armrest, it would not budge with three screws out, then I tried it again, and everything worked.... :huh:
It was wierd that only the drivers window worked , and on a Search on the forum , it turned up no problems similar to mine, but opposite....go figure

POS carb
12-08-2006, 11:25 AM
usually when only the driver's window works it is a problem in the main switch, which you can test by jumping the wire to ground.
Glad it fixed itself!