PDA

View Full Version : Should i do it or Not ?

TWOLOUDNPROUD
12-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Ok Turbo the Turbo i got is water cooled should i use it or not what do you guys thank?

MessyHonda
12-02-2006, 07:46 PM
......no.....isnt oil better for cooling unless you are running coolent. wut is real cool would be a water to air intercooler....

1320boy
12-02-2006, 08:11 PM
no

TWOLOUDNPROUD
12-03-2006, 01:20 AM
thank guys for your feed back but i want to Hear for the guys who already have a turbo.Messy you have to have oil or the bearings in the turbo would seize up some turbo offer water cooling What i want to know has any one hook up the water on the turbo.

snoopyloopy
12-03-2006, 01:54 AM
eh, screw the water. it's only one more complication to go wrong. and when you're putting on the turbo, i'm not sure which sizes, but make sure you get that reducer to lower the oil pressure to the turbo if yours needs it. i hear that kills a lot of the best built set-ups.

mykwikcoupe
01-06-2007, 12:43 AM
I cant say from personal experience but I had the same queston about 5 months ago. The answer I got was, the oil is the primary source of cooling. The water would help but its not a requirement. So I pondered it as the new setup I had made got in the way of the fittings of the water hoses. I eventually decided it would be better as at the worst it can do is leak.

EricW
01-06-2007, 05:01 PM
The water will offer more cooling and help to keep the oil from being cooked in the bearings. One of the things that I have read several times about the water cooling on turbos is that it is mainly on cars that have turbos stock. It is used to help prolong the life of the turbo by keeping it cooler and to help cool faster after the car is shut down. I would hook it up if it was on my turbo. A routing method I have seen is to install it in line before the TB.

But water cooling is not necessary AS long as you allow your car adequate time to cool before you shut it down. Don't go boosting into the parking lot or your drive way, just take it easy before you get where your going and you shouldn't have a problem. Or get a turbo timer to use when you park after boosting.