PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is a hydro engine?

theBeline
09-02-2002, 09:47 PM
What else is there to say, could some one please fill me in? What is a B-series Hydro engine? Is a B18C engine a hydro? Why or whynot??:confused:

night
09-02-2002, 10:22 PM
dude, put it in the same thread. and you need do a lot more reading and a lot less asking random questions.

go to clubsi. that is the place for B series info.

hydro is the tranny. which u dont want, u want cable.
5500 is right for a C5, which is the R engine.
a C1 is the GSR. both are overpriced imo, but a GSR is much more tolerable.

POS carb
09-03-2002, 09:50 AM
why are cable operated trannies more desireable than hydro ones? For swap complication reasons? :toilet:

shepherd79
09-03-2002, 11:06 AM
i would say they are easy to operate than hydro ones.

theBeline
09-03-2002, 02:44 PM
also more reliable I would assume, if you had a loss of hydrolic preasure youd be screwed, not to mention that the simplicity of a cable opporated clutch (adjusting the catch point and servicing it) is far greater then that of a hydro. But its a b!tch, because I've found a number of real nice trnsmition upgrades for b-series engines, but their all for hydro set-ups. It really dosn't bother me that much anymore though, I don't think I'm going to go with the B18C afterall, start out small on this car I guess.

89BlackH-Back
09-03-2002, 03:20 PM
if you spend $5500 on the c5 ur buggin u need to shop around ive seen them for as low as $4000 go to https://www.woodfins.com/index.ASP and especially go to http://www.importlove.com/resources/

night
09-03-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by POS carb
why are cable operated trannies more desireable than hydro ones? For swap complication reasons? :toilet:

hehe, do YOU wanna convert the pedal assembly to hydrolic and mount a resevoir on the firewall ??

didnt think so :p

theBeline
09-03-2002, 07:37 PM
The next question is. Is it posible to convert a hydro trany to a cable oporated trany?