PDA

View Full Version : brake light bulb out warning light

w261w261
12-07-2006, 08:17 PM
I am getting the warning light intermittently, and the brake light bulbs are ok. If I shut off the car, the warning light will not come back on, but in maybe a day it will again. I'm thinking that perhaps the contacts are dirty, and the computer is reading a voltage that is out of spec, and reporting the bulb is out. I've cleaned the bulbs and sockets, but it's happened a couple of times again. Anyone have any ideas? I do use the high-output halogen bulbs ($10 a pop), but haven't had problems before.

russiankid
12-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Mine does this sometimes as well, i just take the socket out and move the bulb around a bit and it stops.

VTEC_Inside
12-07-2006, 08:34 PM
I had a similar problem and it was one of the harness connectors in the trunk lid. I just unplugged it and reconnected it and its been fine ever since.

That was a long time ago though so I'm sorry that I can't even remember which one it was exactly.

MessyHonda
12-07-2006, 09:47 PM
i just helped my neighbour...he was like the lights are not out...i pointed out that the center tail light inside the car was burnt out...he thought he needed new rotors and pads...i saved him a butload of money.

88LXi68
12-08-2006, 08:34 AM
i pointed out that the center tail light inside the car was burnt out...he thought he needed new rotors and pads...i saved him a butload of money.

:wtf:

MessyHonda
12-08-2006, 08:38 AM
:wtf:

yeah....he is a noob....he burnt out all this interior harness installing a flee market stereo...he has tweaters riged to the stock speakers...lol the car is just a piece.

shepherd79
12-08-2006, 09:14 AM
right and left taillights have special boxes. they are inside. just open the cover and you can see it. if you are starting to get brake light on the dash, most likely it is the problem with the box.
i would check the contacts, and verything else just in case.

POS carb
12-08-2006, 11:14 AM
make sure the 3rd brake light is on. High watt bulbs usually do not cause the light to come on, low watt ones will (like LED bulbs)
You might need to replace the sensors on the brakelights