PDA

View Full Version : help! head lights went out

spartanphan79
09-03-2002, 09:28 AM
driving home last night in my 89 lx my headlights went out a block from home. any suggestions on where to start? the owners manual doesnt even list the fuse box location or what fuses are what any help on this would be great so i could see at night. alos my high beams work and all other lights but both sides lowbeams stilll are messed up. thanks

shepherd79
09-03-2002, 10:59 AM
the fuse box is inside under the dash on driver side.
to see what fuse is, take that little box that on the left side of steering wheel. it is on the back side of it.

spartanphan79
09-03-2002, 02:34 PM
i checked all the fuses and bulbs but still the same thing. i also noticed but do not know how long its been like this. the left rear brake light comes on with the tail lights. is this a seperate problem or could it have happened at the same time. please help im getting very frustrated messing with this. also anyone know where to get a wiring diagram for this car?

shepherd79
09-03-2002, 04:42 PM
hmmm, let me look at diagram and see what i can dig up.
do you have haynes manual? you should get one. they have electrical diagram.

shepherd79
09-03-2002, 04:54 PM
ok the only way the low beam won't work if the switch in low beam is not working. so you may have to check this out.
each low bream should have 10A fuse.
there is nothing that is on it is way. so it is should be the switch, plus they both not working so i would say for sure it is a switch at low beam.
second the brake light, on each taillight there is a small black box.
according to the diagram the brake lights wires comes from that box. so i am thinking it has something to do with this box.
if you want i have 88 carb accord sitting on the back yard waiting to be part out. if you want you can have it plus the switch for the lights. i used to have the same problem except the brake light won't come on. it took me sometime figuring out, but i got it.
just PM me, send AIM message or email me if you want the parts.

smufguy
09-04-2002, 08:19 AM
the small box is the brake light blow off sensor. which is a fancy name for the shit that senes if ur brake lamps are blown. as for the headlights not working. check to see if ur retractor works ( i dont know it works). then check all the fuses again and also theones in the engine bay. If nothing is wrong, my guess would be the switch on the steering wheel. u can get one for 20 bucks from a junkyard. good luck.

shepherd79
09-04-2002, 09:36 AM
or he can have from my spare parts car for free.