PDA

View Full Version : It still happens...

Drucifer
12-09-2006, 04:37 PM
New wires, grounds are good, but, still no brakelights. The hazard lights use the same fuse as the brake lights, yet hazards work fine. What are the chances of a switch going bad?
The original problem was that the fuse would blow when the brake pedal was pressed. My guy didnt want to look for the problem, so, he rewired the lights. All of them. As of now, everything works perfectly, except for the brake lights.

Ichiban
12-09-2006, 05:01 PM
well, test for power before and after the pedal switch. If no juice after the switch with the pedal depressed, then problem, right? Is that "check lamp" light coming on?

offthahook
12-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Brake switch or something very near that brake switch is my guess...

Drucifer
12-09-2006, 06:06 PM
well, test for power before and after the pedal switch. If no juice after the switch with the pedal depressed, then problem, right? Is that "check lamp" light coming on?

No, the check lamp light doesn't come on. My previous post that said all lights work wasn't correct. Everything works except the brake lights and the white reverse lights.

MessyHonda
12-10-2006, 02:05 AM
mine keeped blowing the fuse...then i just ran a wire stright to power...lol so its going to burn down if it catches on fire.

ghettogeddy
12-10-2006, 10:07 AM
the revers lights are connected to the tranny i should know i forgot to plug them in when me and messy did my tranny yesterday

Drucifer
12-10-2006, 02:36 PM
I went over to the junkyard and got a brake light switch from an '82 that was just brought in. Unfortunately, I still have no brake lights. Maybe I should buy a brand new switch?

MessyHonda
12-10-2006, 06:25 PM
the revers lights are connected to the tranny i should know i forgot to plug them in when me and messy did my tranny yesterday

at least it runs...i think we did good...next time its going to be alot quicker..lol yay new clutch for me...hehe..jp

Drucifer
12-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Reverse lights were connected to the tranny? Where abouts were they connected, and what color were the wires? Have fun with the new clutch! how long did you spend on that little project?

MessyHonda
12-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Reverse lights were connected to the tranny? Where abouts were they connected, and what color were the wires? Have fun with the new clutch! how long did you spend on that little project?

reverse lights use 2 wires that come out of the top rear side of the tranny i believe.....

2ndGenGuy
12-10-2006, 09:42 PM
If he rewired the whole thing, I'm assuming he is still getting the power from the circuit on the fuse box? Test the power at the fuse socket and see if that's any good.

And, yo I didn't realize you were in Portland. All these other 2nd gens within a couple hours drive. We need to meet up somewhere and check out eachothers rides. And also, I've got a head from a Canadian Accord that should fit on your engine. It's been all redone at a shop. :)

Drucifer
12-11-2006, 01:06 AM
If he rewired the whole thing, I'm assuming he is still getting the power from the circuit on the fuse box? Test the power at the fuse socket and see if that's any good.

And, yo I didn't realize you were in Portland. All these other 2nd gens within a couple hours drive. We need to meet up somewhere and check out each others rides. And also, I've got a head from a Canadian Accord that should fit on your engine. It's been all redone at a shop. :)

For sure. I'm actually slightly south of Portland. Once my baby gets back together, we should kick it.
The fuse box is all good. Hazards and brake lights are on the same circuit. Hazards are working perfectly, but, the brakes aren't doing so hot. I don't know why this didn't occur to me before, but, my buddy's dad is an electrical engineer. I'm sure he'll have more of a clue than I do. Haha.
Also, how does the Canadian head differ from the US head? Never seen one before.

2ndGenGuy
12-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Since your engine is almost the same as the late model 1st gens, here's the info.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55998

As far as the electrical goes, how exactly did he 'rewire' the lights?

Ichiban
12-11-2006, 05:40 PM
bet that head would fit the 82 EK. All you hafta do is pull the valve cover and look at how the head bolts line up. or cross reference headgaskets. should be the same.

2ndGenGuy
12-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Yeah! That's what I was thinking. Should bolt right onto that '82 no problem.