PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone recognize this?

Drucifer
12-10-2006, 02:55 PM
http://www.geocities.com/ichbindru/honda/6bf998c80fd7.jpg
This is on the end of a small bundle of cables that come from somewhere under the dash. It hasn't a place in the fuse block.

Ichiban
12-10-2006, 04:59 PM
It looks like the harness for the door chime and headlight sqwack box. Does your car beep when you open the doors with the keys in, or take the keys out with the lights on? The box itself is mounted to the panel just above your right knee, to the left of the ashtray.

2ndGenGuy
12-10-2006, 09:37 PM
What colors are the wires in it? I can look in my factory wiring diagram to be absolutely sure.

Drucifer
12-11-2006, 01:09 AM
Thats it. I do recall the door chime was pissing me off, so, we yanked it out of there. Thats why I couldn't find a home for that piece. I left the one for the lights there, though. With my memory issues, its good to have that one.

Ichiban
12-11-2006, 05:19 PM
...beebeebeebeep!.....beebeebeebeep!...beebeebeebe ep!.....beebeebeebeep!...beebeebeebeep!.....beebee beebeep!...beebeebeebeep!.....beebeebeebeep!...bee beebeebeep!.....beebeebeebeep!...beebeebeebeep!... ..beebeebeebeep!...beebeebeebeep!.....beebeebeebee p!.......beebeebeebeep!.....beebeebeebeep!

WHAM!!

Silence!:)

MessyHonda
12-11-2006, 09:43 PM
...beebeebeebeep!.....beebeebeebeep!...beebeebeebe ep!.....beebeebeebeep!...beebeebeebeep!.....beebee beebeep!...beebeebeebeep!.....beebeebeebeep!...bee beebeebeep!.....beebeebeebeep!...beebeebeebeep!... ..beebeebeebeep!...beebeebeebeep!.....beebeebeebee p!.......beebeebeebeep!.....beebeebeebeep!
WHAM!!

lol...if you put on your seatbelt b4 you start the car it does not beep

2ndGenGuy
12-11-2006, 10:18 PM
No it doesn't. Not if the keys are in the ignition. Or if the headlights are on. My car has 2 chimes. The little bell and the actual electronic beep for the keys. They're not hooked to the seatbelt in the 2nd gens.

Ichiban
12-12-2006, 07:28 PM
that must be an 84-85 thing. mine only has the.....

WHAM!!

2ndGenGuy
12-13-2006, 08:52 AM
Yeah I get the BEEBEEBEEBEEEP only for the keys. If my headlights are on my car has a little bell that rings that goes "Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong." It sounds like a little mechanincal bell, and not electronic at all. Very retro cool.

HondaBoy
12-13-2006, 11:10 AM
actually it is a real bell. i took mine out once before and checked it out. real deal metal bell.

Rockcord
12-15-2006, 04:56 AM
i have a switch that kills my tails for elusive night driving :-D and it kills the light bell as well as the driving lights (still have heads tho) scared a few friends already TEE HEE!

HondaBoy
12-15-2006, 11:56 AM
^would you possibly be able to show us how you did that. sometimes that'd be convenient.

MessyHonda
12-15-2006, 12:14 PM
i have a switch that kills my tails for elusive night driving :-D and it kills the light bell as well as the driving lights (still have heads tho) scared a few friends already TEE HEE!

damn that sound thight....have your friend follow you and then like turn it off....lol they would be like wtf.

Drucifer
12-15-2006, 12:55 PM

I have one that kills the license plate lights. I also have a hidden switch that cuts off the ignition when the car is parked.

2ndGenGuy
12-15-2006, 02:39 PM
I have one that kills the license plate lights. I also have a hidden switch that cuts off the ignition when the car is parked.

I have a switch that kills all my lights on my car. In fact, it will let me kill the headlights in one position, then the rest of the lights in another position. I think the owner before me installed it. It's a long pole switch mounted on the steering column and you just twist the end to kill the lights, pretty sweet.

offthahook
12-16-2006, 10:26 PM
On the older Hondas, if you pull the key out of the ignition and put it back in, the beep will stop. On the newer stuff, the second you put the key in, you're beeping! Between that beep and the way you have to lock the doors from the inside, no one should ever lock their key in the car.

2ndGenGuy
12-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Yeah, but I've managed to do it. Problem on mine being the switches on the doors are starting to wear out. So when the door is open, it usually beeps, but not always. I've taken the switches apart and cleaned them up, but they're still just not working like I'd like them. Sometimes it inhibits the dome light from working too.

Boltgunner
01-14-2007, 10:45 PM
My 16 year old daughter thinks the DING DONG bell is best part of the car. Now, if the bell maker had made the carb, it would have been a good thing. I think the bell is still the original!
Anyone think of four appropriate words that begin with C V C C? (Carburetor Violates Constant Cruising) :banghead:

Ichiban
01-15-2007, 04:34 PM
My 16 year old daughter thinks the DING DONG bell is best part of the car. Now, if the bell maker had made the carb, it would have been a good thing. I think the bell is still the original!
Anyone think of four appropriate words that begin with C V C C? (Carburetor Violates Constant Cruising) :banghead:

Crappy Venturi Containing Contraption?

Causes Vulgar Cursing Constantly?

mkymonkey
01-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Causes Vehicle's Carburator Carnage

2ndGenGuy
01-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Cars vroom consistently cleaner?

Creates vacuum causing confusion?

Rockcord
01-22-2007, 10:14 AM
on my starion, it actually has a song that it plays... its crazy, but on the reply to Hondaboy, all i did was remove the fuse for the back end lights, and put 2 wires connected to a switch which i mounted by my antenna switch...very easy to do!

Creates vacuum causing confusion? FTW