PDA

View Full Version : Drive Axle

Fuzy Navel
12-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Ok my right passenger side CV Joint/ Drive Axle is clicking and its a new drive axle but the thing i dont think its the CV joint because it only does it when the clutch is half way pressed like pulling out in 1st and turning it will click and when i press the clutch in half way to shift a gear right as i put it in gear and let go of clutch slowly it goes click/clunk sound kinda its a brand new clutch but its kinda funny acting like when your start it up it really harse like they have messed up the flywheel when they cleaned it up because they said it was really bad but anways enough of this do any of you know what could be wrong? like maybe something inside the transmissin that might cause it?

shepherd79
12-12-2006, 07:29 AM
have you checked your oil level in tranny?

Fuzy Navel
12-12-2006, 11:44 AM
no lol i guess that would be a good idea lol I was wondering if its possible for in inner part of the cv joint to have play in it like that or whatever is in the transmission that turns the cv joint might have some play

shepherd79
12-12-2006, 12:03 PM
well it is possible for any cv joint to go bad. They could be defective from the start.
the best way to figure out if it is CV joints or not is ride in circles low and high speed. if you hear clicking noice it is time for a new cv joints.