PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Replacement.

russiankid
12-12-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm planning to replace the clutch in my LX during winter with the help of my brother. So im reading up about all this and everything seems straight forward. I have one concern tho, do i need to remove any cooling hoses? Or they just make more room to work with? Also if you guys have any inputs or personal experience with changing clutches, feel free to post.

P.S. i did search and haven't found my answer.

ghettogeddy
12-12-2006, 05:24 PM
i just pulled my tranny the other day it would have been nice to have the hoses clear but the last 2 times ive done it i haven't even bothered if u have the time and the patience i would also if u have any other questions i can help u like i said me and messy just did this job last sat well we didn't pull the clutch but we did swap trannys

Tomisimo
12-12-2006, 05:55 PM
no problem at all, but you must not forget to center cluch in cluch house, it may be a problem when you gona put all together. I must say i did it in like 5-6 hours.

edit: ....

russiankid
12-12-2006, 06:50 PM
no problem at all, but you must not forget to center cluch in cluch house, it may be a problem when you gona put all together. I must say i did it in like 5-6 hours.
edit: ....
I have 2 weeks to do all this. Thanks for the heads up. And ghetto...i probably wont pull the hoses off unless i need the room.

MessyHonda
12-12-2006, 07:17 PM
well i pulled out the batt and the tray to give us a lil more room...the lines are not really in the way....also we pulled out the air cleaner....you just did your cooling system and i dont think you should be messing with it..lol

russiankid
12-12-2006, 07:27 PM
well i pulled out the batt and the tray to give us a lil more room...the lines are not really in the way....also we pulled out the air cleaner....you just did your cooling system and i dont think you should be messing with it..lol
Yea exactly i dont want to mess with it. I'll remember to remove the battery and the air cleaner.