PDA

View Full Version : Ignition problem

propr'one
12-13-2006, 04:09 PM
Ok my car's been on/off with starting recently, and i think i've diagnosed at least a part of the problem.

When the car is in accessory (key is in 2nd position, where heat & stereo are supposed to come on) the heat and stereo do come on. When i start the car, heat & stereo turn off. If i play with the key and pull it almost enough to turn the car off, everything turns back on.

Anyone familiar with this problem? Opinions? guesses?

87lxiaccord
12-13-2006, 04:24 PM
sometimes my car won't start when its hot outside most people have said it's the fuel relay and that you have to solder the contacts my sisters 3g prelude had the same problem and she solder the relay and now it starts every time it might be the same problem you're having

propr'one
12-13-2006, 04:33 PM
I'm thinking its a relay in the ignition cylinder aswell. I might've not made it clear, its intermittant. I can get the car to start, just sometimes it doesn't, and the stereo & blower motor are giving me a hint as to where its coming from.

onyx
12-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Mine does it as well and im thinking its the ignition switch, i will try to fix it before the end of the year and let you know if that is what it was. it only did the no start thing on cold mornings never on a warm day.

Kabuki
12-15-2006, 03:40 PM
It's sounds like the ignition switch to me. Lists for something like $65.

propr'one
12-16-2006, 02:34 AM
How would the labour be?

I'm thinking of trying to set up an external power lead to the blower motor & stereo.