PDA

View Full Version : help....carb is killing me!!

psdrummin
12-13-2006, 07:27 PM
I have an 88 accord lx 4 door. I put an engine in earlier this year and the carb was bad and put a different one in. The car started jerking around and to it to TWO different shops and they said it needed a new carb, so I put another carb (really a salvage carb @ 129,000 miles) in. Drove about thirty miles and it ran like a dream, parked it at home for an hour, started it up and headed to work and the car started jerking like it was in a dentist's chair, just like before. It seems I can't find anyone that even knows how to fix these carbs. Is there another reason that might make me think its a carb issue?? Timing light? Or the distrib cap?? The car will idle great, and even seem to run in low gear, but hit third and it will sputter and throw my neck out, I'll press the accelerator and it has no affect and die. Then it'll be hard to start for a minute and then start up again....i'm gonna go nuts....i just want it fixed. I can't trust anyone knows what they're doing.

russiankid
12-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Sounds to me that your fuel filters are clogged. Also check your spark plugs.

Ichiban
12-13-2006, 10:27 PM
Yeah sounds like a fuel delivery problem

Jspec1
12-13-2006, 10:42 PM
I say just get some Weber DCOE's, tune them ( or have it done) and call it a day. In all seriousness though, it does sound like your engine is being starved of fuel. Did you tune the carb when you installed to engine or did you just install said carb and drive?

1ajs
12-13-2006, 10:49 PM
I have an 88 accord lx 4 door. I put an engine in earlier this year and the carb was bad and put a different one in. The car started jerking around and to it to TWO different shops and they said it needed a new carb, so I put another carb (really a salvage carb @ 129,000 miles) in. Drove about thirty miles and it ran like a dream, parked it at home for an hour, started it up and headed to work and the car started jerking like it was in a dentist's chair, just like before. It seems I can't find anyone that even knows how to fix these carbs. Is there another reason that might make me think its a carb issue?? Timing light? Or the distrib cap?? The car will idle great, and even seem to run in low gear, but hit third and it will sputter and throw my neck out, I'll press the accelerator and it has no affect and die. Then it'll be hard to start for a minute and then start up again....i'm gonna go nuts....i just want it fixed. I can't trust anyone knows what they're doing.
sure its not a bad vac line or vac line off some were?
bad throtle cable
float not set
not enuff pressure from the fuel pump
gunged up spark plugs
water in the tank

pluged fuel filter(s)?
engin not grounded proper?