PDA

View Full Version : Computer stutters upgraded injectors at certain rpm!!!

Dragonbirdman
12-13-2006, 09:46 PM
Ok, I have an 5-speed 88' LX-i w/ CIA, Full exhaust (pacesetter headers & gutted cat), MSD coil, 310cc fuel injectors, manually overrided cooling fan, and a modification to the stock vaccum advance. My problem is that when I accelerate from a cruising-like rpm, my computer (I believe) will stutter my fuel injectors, still accelerating, but w/ less power. Once I reach about 600-800rpm higher, the stuttering stops, and my car takes off like a bat out of hell! The sound is a duller sound from the exhaust, much like rolling your "R's". I would like to find out what is possibly causing this and see if I can fix/harness it , because I can feel the potential, but it doesn't happen when in an all out gear slammin' race. Help!:wtf:

MessyHonda
12-13-2006, 10:10 PM
:welcome: to the site....sounds like you got some serrious mods....post some pics...sorry i cant help.

Dragonbirdman
12-13-2006, 10:17 PM
thanx for the welcome! I'll get some pics soon

shepherd79
12-14-2006, 06:50 AM
310 cc injectors? where did you get them? for the setup you have they are too big. they would be perfect if you have small turbo.
I would go back to stock injectors.
It sounds like you are flodding the engine. too much fuel.
the other thing is, what did you do to vacuum system? what did you remove?
our engines don't like removing the vacuum lines. they start giving out codes and messing up ECU work.

Dragonbirdman
12-14-2006, 09:05 AM
I T-ed off the vacuum advance w/ direct manifold vacuum as well. The reason for the large injectors is because I'm gonna be running a 50hp dry nitrous system

Dragonbirdman
12-14-2006, 09:42 AM
you think it might be the injectors? what about if I (since I lost my stock units) swapped in stock neon fuel injectors, and blocked off the return line?:huh:

Oldblueaccord
12-14-2006, 11:35 AM
see if you can try and lower the fuel pressure some. Look at your plugs and see what its doing if its really rich or not. The computer shouldn't have a problem driving them.

I called Rc engineering yesterday and ordered new injectors and they told me 310cc would be very large jump and even 270cc would make it run pretty rich with out mods. The recommended the 310 for a Supercharged application.

wp

shepherd79
12-15-2006, 05:37 AM
first, our stock injectors flow 240cc. if you jumped to 310cc i would deff say you are flooding the engine.
Second, I am not sure if neon injectors will even work on honda.
Third. why would you want to plug up the return line. if you don't have the return line you will inclease the fuel pressure, and cause more problems. Plus it will flood your engine even more.
Fourth, try to stay away from dry kits. they have tendency to blow up engines. Get a wet kit and run stock injectors and you should be fine. Make sure you upgrade the fuel to higher octane.
Fifth, i don't understand why you T off vacuum advance directly to the manifold. Is something wrong with factory setup?

Dragonbirdman
12-15-2006, 07:59 AM
the reason I would block off the return line when using neon injectors is because they are designed to run on a returnless fuel system setup such as what the neons have from the factory. the reason I t-d off the vacuum advance is because I don't think the vacuum advance is working properly; I'm changing that back soon. I know I'm runnin rich...really rich (I spit flames when I shift hard and drop the rpms) but I am setting it up to be safe w/ the dry kit. I was just wondering if you guys knew what the stuttering could be. could it be the flodding?

Kabuki
12-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Okay, you're setting it up with extra fuel for use with nitrous... But are you planning to run the nitrous ALL the time? The problem is twofold. First, the excess fuel is going to run down the cylinder walls and wash away the lubricate oil. Second, engines running rich don't perform very well, and at idle will begin to foul and misfire.

H22AccordSE-IV
12-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Had the same problem with my car when I did the H22 swap. Even after I changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, did a valve adjustment & tune-up, the problem still persisted. After that my swap guy suggested I try switching the ecu. He let me try a chipped P28 (that I ended up buying) from another customer's car that he was working on and that solved the problem. There seems to be a problem with the P13 that I got with the swap and that's what's causing the hesitation and stuttering. I had to switch back to using the faulty P13 for the time being because one of the capacitors burned on the P28, and I'm just waiting to get it back after it's fixed. Try another ecu and see if that solves the problem. After I plugged the P28 in, my car was like a rocket - awesome response & maaaaad acceleration, no hesitation or stuttering.

Good luck.

G.

Dragonbirdman
12-15-2006, 04:56 PM
I'll try replacing the f/i's w/ the stock dodge neon ones and block the return, that should lessen how rich it is. I'll also clean the plugs and do an oil change. I'm thinking of running a megasquirt piggy back so that might help a bit. but has anyone ever had this problem on the a20a3?

MessyHonda
12-15-2006, 05:01 PM
why dont you put 4th gen accord injectors i think they flow at 270cc

HostileJava
12-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Why not just upgrade your dry kit to a wet kit? All you need is another solenoid, some lines and a nozzle to mix the two. Your engine will run better all around and you'll only waste the extra fuel when you need it. Besides, that's alot of extra fuel for jsut a 50shot.

Dragonbirdman
12-15-2006, 05:50 PM
I'll see if i can pick the 4gen 'cord injectors up tomarrow form my friends wrecked 91. he let his little cousin take it for a spin.....quite litterally, into....guess who's yard.....wait for it......no, not mine....a cop's. poor kid...:bong: anybody else have any other suggestions?

MessyHonda
12-15-2006, 05:54 PM
I'll see if i can pick the 4gen 'cord injectors up tomarrow form my friends wrecked 91. he let his little cousin take it for a spin.....quite litterally, into....guess who's yard.....wait for it......no, not mine....a cop's. poor kid...:bong: anybody else have any other suggestions?

omg....that shit is funny....if he lets you take anything take the 4th gen map sensor, tb, injectors, and the dizzy if you want to convert to OBD1....check out the thread for the OBD1 swap.

Dragonbirdman
12-15-2006, 06:01 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....I'll see if I can :devil:

Ichiban
12-15-2006, 07:36 PM
You don't want to block off your return line. If the Neon uses a returnless system, the fuel pump will be internally regulated at a certain pressure. Yours is not. It is cooled and lubricated by the constant flow of fuel through it and if you deadhead it you will destroy it. Your fuel pressure will also be unregulated, causing severe problems.

shepherd79
12-16-2006, 07:11 AM
why dont you put 4th gen accord injectors i think they flow at 270cc
they are not 270 cc they are 240 cc just like our injectors. most honda injectors are 240 cc. only H22 had 310 cc. injectors.

MessyHonda
12-16-2006, 09:23 AM
they are not 270 cc they are 240 cc just like our injectors. most honda injectors are 240 cc. only H22 had 310 cc. injectors.

man that sucks i was about to get some 4th gen injectors.