PDA

View Full Version : omg got in an accident need adivce fast

Crazybird
12-15-2006, 09:48 AM
ok so i was backing out of the school parking lot and bam sum kid going way to fast ina parking lot hit me

so really all thats wrong with my car is there is a crack in the corner or my rear bumper and its sagging because of it

his piece of shit 98 civic has a dent in the drivers side front bumper which really isn't that big about 8 inches across but not deep at all

so what should i do

my car is fine i just need to fix or pick up a new bumper i think i should talk to him and see what he can do maybe he hit sumthing else and ill pay deductable so his car is fixed?

need adivece fast plzz

ChaseR
12-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Call the police and file an accident report, You SHOULD have done that there. You may get charged with Leaving the scene of an accident though. Im not sure about Canadian Laws. YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO PAY A DIME, Call His insurance too..

Crazybird
12-15-2006, 09:55 AM
we swapped info and everything we just gotta talk about what were gonna do

ya and he left too so he can get it too since he did leave before me

ChaseR
12-15-2006, 10:12 AM
well the best that can happen is you go down and pick you up a bumper, He cuts you a check for that amount and you go on your merry way, It will get complicated if you need to call His insurance involved..

Crazybird
12-15-2006, 10:16 AM
ya i say we both get bumpers and be on our merry way cause im sure nothing structural is done to his car but he did move my car a bits so i know he was going to fast since he "hit the brakes"

ghettogeddy
12-15-2006, 10:18 AM
was to complicated for us the lady hit us we took it to get an estimate the cheack is in the mail lol short version

MessyHonda
12-15-2006, 11:49 AM
he can pay out of pocket....like give you some money cuz if he reports it to insurance his rates will go up....some times they give you a lil extra for keeping it in the down low.

RamThis
12-15-2006, 12:10 PM
Not sure about laws up there, but if it was not on a public road, the cops wont help a bit. If it was in a parking lot, it's considered private property. My wife had a retard smash into the passenger side of our 2000 Ram with his tonka toy nissan pickup. Cops wrote up a blue sheet for us but said they could not issue citations and such since it was private property. Insurance companies did a big investigation and somehow found the wife at 51% fault and him at 49% fault, wtf. She was driving through the lot and this ass makes a u-turn off the main road into the entrance and smashes int the passenger side of the truck bed and they say she was more at fault, what dumbfucks.

If I were you, if the damage was just to the plastic bumper covers, and you both have similar damage, just eat it and get yourself a new bumper cover and tell him to do the same. If he offers to just up and pay to fix your bumper, take em up on it. But if he starts pulling crap and saying you should pay for his, tell him to piss off.

Crazybird
12-15-2006, 01:19 PM
ya it only looks like his plastic bumper its off an 98 2 door civic si

so really what do the bumpers cost 200 if that

and really i was half way outa my spot so he technically is at fault for speeding in a parking lot where he was illegally parked in the first place since he doesn't pay for those spots and i do

MessyHonda
12-15-2006, 02:08 PM
ya it only looks like his plastic bumper its off an 98 2 door civic si

so really what do the bumpers cost 200 if that

and really i was half way outa my spot so he technically is at fault for speeding in a parking lot where he was illegally parked in the first place since he doesn't pay for those spots and i do

take some pics and post em...then we can see the damage.

Crazybird
12-15-2006, 02:11 PM
oh his? or mine cause i cant of his i dunno where he went i think hes playing hockey atm but ill take pics of mine 1 sec

k never mind i dont have my camera my sister has it

MessyHonda
12-15-2006, 02:12 PM
oh his? or mine cause i cant of his i dunno where he went i think hes playing hockey atm but ill take pics of mine 1 sec

yeah of yours....then tell us wut your plan is.

Crazybird
12-15-2006, 02:14 PM
i dunno what my plan is cause really he was speeding through the parking lot as to why i couldnt see him while backing up

like i was so far outa the spot i was starting to turn my wheel thats why i turned to see if there was anyone to the left of me so he had to of hit me

MessyHonda
12-15-2006, 02:17 PM
i dunno what my plan is cause really he was speeding through the parking lot as to why i couldnt see him while backing up

like i was so far outa the spot i was starting to turn my wheel thats why i turned to see if there was anyone to the left of me so he had to of hit me

yeah sounds like its his fault...you can eighter do it under the table.....that means he gives you money to get it fixed or do it the insurance way that takes a bit of time....its going to suck for him since its rates will go up but you will get a nice check in your mail so you can fix the car.

Crazybird
12-15-2006, 02:24 PM
we just looked under my back bumper and its all rust lol and the jolt busted most of it off

but my dad seems to think that it may be my fault since i was backing up

oh well well see what happens

MessyHonda
12-15-2006, 02:32 PM
its his since he had no right to be in the parking lot if he does not pay for the space.....idk maybe he can give you money so you can fix all the rust in the rear..lol

Crazybird
12-15-2006, 02:44 PM
well really that hit was so hard it blew the passenger side one right out so he did hit me pretty hard cause me in reverse with my foot on the brake couldnt have hit him that hard

Crazybird
12-15-2006, 02:52 PM
k so the right side has all this gone http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/Crazybirdz/honda4-1.jpg
and left side has a hole there
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/Crazybirdz/honda5-1.jpg
there is also a crack in that corner which made that whole side like flip out like the clips so basically me going in reverse with the brakes on could not have made all that damage

snoopyloopy
12-15-2006, 06:01 PM
file a report. no matter if it's a seemingly minor bump. idk about where you live, but here in cali, you have 10 days to file it. even if you never go farther than that, at least you'll have your version of what happened down on paper as far as the law is concerned. that way, if a year later, he suddenly has "back pains" and goes for your insurance money, it's not your word against his. and especially if he goes and files a report anyway after you guys left. then you'd be screwed.

RamThis
12-15-2006, 11:04 PM
Holy body cancer batman!!! Looks like he did you a favor actually by knocking some of that body eating virus off your car!!

MessyHonda
12-15-2006, 11:19 PM
Holy body cancer batman!!! Looks like he did you a favor actually by knocking some of that body eating virus off your car!!

lol thats mest up...lol dont talk about your 3gee brothers like that. :slap:

RamThis
12-15-2006, 11:39 PM
No seriously, rust breeds more rust. by removing the oxidized metal, you basically stop further oxidation (as long as the oxidized metal is ALL removed and then the metal is coated to stop it from coming into contact with oxygen and moisture again) so in a way, yeah, the guy knocking a chunk of oxidized metal off the car was a blessing in disguize LOL.

That poor car looks like it's on it's death bed, if the rust is that bad there, I'd hate to see the wheel wells and rocker panels :eek:

Also shows the abuse one of these cars can take and still keep on running. 460Ks, half rust eaten away, and the guy's still givin her shit LOL.

There's a compliment in there somewhere I just know it..... :bong:

Crazybird
12-16-2006, 02:22 PM
lol im almost at 470 :P and man it seems like only the back half of my car is cancerd up the front just has surface rust

MessyHonda
12-17-2006, 12:40 AM
maybe you can fix that rear rust while you are at it.

1ajs
12-17-2006, 04:53 PM
ya crazy bird do the rear rust while your at being the bumper will be outa the way :rockon:
and get us some damig pics

Crazybird
12-17-2006, 09:26 PM
i have pics and man my dad looked and it looks like the whole bumper assembly is ass raped like the shock in the bumper is twisted and like ripped off :'( i think she may have been written off i want another 3 gee :'(

MessyHonda
12-17-2006, 09:27 PM
i have pics and man my dad looked and it looks like the whole bumper assembly is ass raped like the shock in the bumper is twisted and like ripped off :'( i think she may have been written off i want another 3 gee :'(

cool time to upgrade to a 89 lx-i or se-i....power windows/ locks FTW :rockon:

Crazybird
12-17-2006, 09:34 PM
ya but to find one in decent condition is impossible :'(

there is a coupe by me i think its a step up from mine but if i recall its pretty rusty and needs an altenator and we just replaced mine and its prolly efi so mine wont work :S and we just did the tranny not to long ago perhaps i can jack it outa my baby and now we wont get free batteris for life if its written off

Fucking kids speeding ERRRRR

1ajs
12-17-2006, 09:55 PM
hard to say crazy bird get the platisc bumper off... and get a proper look..........

post em pics...........

Crazybird
12-17-2006, 09:57 PM
my dad looked under neath and on the sides theres really no place for the bumper to attach to so he doesnt even think he can fix it :S

1ajs
12-17-2006, 09:59 PM
you got any pics.............. post em.....

the plastic mounts poped off in the wheel well your saying

you could aways screw it back on with some sheet metal screws

MessyHonda
12-17-2006, 10:23 PM
man that sucks...hope you find a clean 3gee

1ajs
12-17-2006, 10:25 PM
just talked to crazy bird on msn
the pics on his dads digital and he does not know were his dad put it...
but from the sounds of things the trunk is roted out wants to get a look

Crazybird
12-18-2006, 01:47 PM
k i got pics from my sisters cam u guys might cry lol couldnt really get pics of underneath caus ei didnt want to lay in the snow ill post them in 1 sec

Crazybird
12-18-2006, 01:57 PM
here they are :S
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/Crazybirdz/DSCF1523.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/Crazybirdz/DSCF1522.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/Crazybirdz/DSCF1521.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/Crazybirdz/DSCF1520.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/Crazybirdz/DSCF1519.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/Crazybirdz/DSCF1518.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/Crazybirdz/DSCF1517.jpg

Foxy3GLXI
12-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Why are the white ones being hit this week?? I think that we need to warn fellow white 3 G drivers watch out for the jerks that can't drive!! Atleast you got off with barely any damage. Better make sure that his insurance is valid unlike the bitch that hit me last Saturday.

Crazybird
12-18-2006, 02:20 PM
we dont have insurance here its called autopac its like no fault stuff i dunno ask 1ajs he knows

1ajs
12-18-2006, 03:26 PM
we got insurance here but its run by the government... they changing the system so when you pay your insurance and reg you pay for your licence. you can take out 3rd party insurance for exstra coverage ect.

autopacks website http://www.mpi.mb.ca

as for what i can see in the pics ............

i told you to pull your bumper off this summer.................... you did not listen
could be salvigable but... be a bit of work. as for the bumper your bumper under the plastic bumper snaped off its posts... you could take the bumpe off wash it off back there put anti rust shit inand seall the hole in the trunk on the driverside there and then go to the recors pic up a cuplet rear bumper and be on your way

based on what i can see in the pics.........

Civic Accord Honda
12-18-2006, 07:17 PM
:(

Civic Accord Honda
12-18-2006, 07:19 PM
mine looked like that too under the right tall light i fixed it by puting duck tape over it you cant tall it duck tape from far away tho :)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/Crazybirdz/honda4-1.jpg