PDA

View Full Version : headlight flasher diagram???

Some Guy
12-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Sup, I was looking at getting some of the police lights for fun, Not use on the rouds. Just for fun. I didnt know that cost so much. Most go for around $200 and up. Well, I found what I need and I was thinking that I could just make one myself. But I cant find a diagram anywere. Im looking for a diagram for somthing like these..not how to wire them up, but how to make one...Any help?
http://www.swps.com/headtailflas.html

w261w261
12-15-2006, 07:21 PM
<Sup, I was looking at getting some of the police lights for fun, Not use on the rouds. Just for fun>

Uh huh. Your "just for fun" is getting right in the face of those people that carry badges and *really* don't like others treading on their turf. It's one of those things that they take personal. You start playing wannabe law enforcement, get caught at it, and you'll have so much trouble you'll be sorry you ever even thought of it. Word to the wise.

POS carb
12-29-2006, 02:10 PM
those are probably stobe controllers... if you want to flash your headlights you can rig a universal flasher from the auto parts to do that a lot cheaper but yea that is pretty illegal

you can put a relay in line to each headlight and connect the headlights to the normally closed, then wire 12v through the flasher to the relays. when they get a signal from the flasher they will cut power to the headlights b/c the relay opens the circuit.

Some Guy
01-03-2007, 10:35 AM
<Sup, I was looking at getting some of the police lights for fun, Not use on the roads. Just for fun>
Uh huh. Your "just for fun" is getting right in the face of those people that carry badges and *really* don't like others treading on their turf. It's one of those things that they take personal. You start playing wannabe law enforcement, get caught at it, and you'll have so much trouble you'll be sorry you ever even thought of it. Word to the wise.

WOW. chill out, Im not going to run around and try pulling people over. Never really was going to even us on the roads. I could do whatever I wont in this damn town anyways. Its not even a town. Its classified as a village still. I know all the cops here..

EDIT: Im not talking about lights bars, Just to make my lights flash

Cheeseburger
01-03-2007, 10:52 AM
i knew someone who had them in his chrysler 300.

w261w261
01-04-2007, 06:35 AM
[QUOTE=Some Guy]WOW. chill out, Im not going to run around and try pulling people over. Never really was going to even us on the roads/QUOTE]

So what exactly are you going to use them for?

smufguy
01-04-2007, 07:18 AM
Yeah, the strobe controllers are buncha transistors and capacitors basically the xenon bulbs work as a flash on the camera thru discharge. U can pick small circuit packs from a local car/audio shop for under 30 bux. if anything, i would say either use xenon bulbs or LEDs if u wanna have it last long.